• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best place to Preorder the new HB Overstreet

82 posts in this topic

Any time and effort spent on the BLB section was wasted. screwy.gif Should've used that time and page space more constructively...

"What I collect is great and what you collect sucks."

--------------------

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."

-John Lennon

"Time wasted on BLB, was not wasted."

Any time and effort spent on the BLB section was wasted. screwy.gif Should've used that time and page space more constructively...

--------------------

-John Lennon

thumbsup2.gif

--------------------

-John Lennon

thumbsup2.gif

You gonna post any scans of your killer BLB collection?

I have absolutely no interest in BLB's personally, but I appreciate that our hobby is made up of a wide spectrum of collectors. They all deserve to be considered.

I have absolutely no interest in BLB's personally, but I appreciate that our hobby is made up of a wide spectrum of collectors. They all deserve to be considered.

Ditto. sumo.gif

That's why I didn't mention the Victorian and Platinum Age book sections. I feel the same way about those books (edit - meaning I have no personal interest in them, not that their sections were a waste of time) . But you have to draw the line somewhere...

That's why I didn't mention the Victorian and Platinum Age book sections. I feel the same way about those books (edit - meaning I have no personal interest in them, not that their sections were a waste of time) . But you have to draw the line somewhere...

BLBs aren't comics. The book is titled "Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide.

And, if you're going to include BLBs, you must include Little Golden Books.

BLBs aren't comics. The book is titled "Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide.

Ditto sumo.gif

Precisely the attitude on display here. And you would think that a group of people who are so marginalized and denigrated in the mainstream for their passion for collecting could muster some measure of respect or at least tolerance for the collecting interests of others, but no - it's whatever *you* like and nothing else. So sad. Well I hate to burst the bubble, but sometimes a publication about over a hundred years of comic character collecting can be aimed at more than an audience of one or two or twelve.

Fine, tell you what. Bring your copy to the office, FD, and I'll personally staple in pages covering all the Little Golden Books. Then all will be right with the world.

[#@$%!!!] OUTSTANDING! Now we're talking. How are you evaluating the various and sundry reprints? I'm assuming you're going to be using the same methodology employed to deal with Classics reprints - i.e., my Frosty The Snowman LGB is a first printing because it is #142, with the highest number LGB listed being #143 (Here comes the parade?). Spectacular. grin.gif

But you still have to get rid of Beehrbohm's article. Al Stoltz was right.

Since it looks like previous Overstreet supplier, Lighthouse, has flaked out a bit, I am looking for the new source for new one. Any recommendation? My LCS only has a 10% discount on books, and I think I could probably do better. I MUST have the *gasp* John Stanley Little Lulu and Tubby cover version. I think I need to get the "Direct" edtition to get that one.

NO!! Buy the book from your LCS. Everytime we turn around another one is going out of business. Just because you CAN save a dollar or two doesn't mean you should. I buy what I can from my local shop. Bags, boards, etc... If not I may not have a local shop to buy from!!

I disagree in paying more to save the local comic book shop. Why should I pay more just so somebody can stay in business? Maybe those comic shops wouldn't have gone out of business if they charged a dollar or two less.

I don't believe in supporting poor management or poorly run stores. I think at least half the comic stores out there are poorly and innefficiently run. Why is it that there is no national chain of comic stores yet? (that may be a debate for another topic...) While I do not own a comic store, I believe I could run a comic store using my business skills better than most comic store owners out there (and maybe I will run a comic store someday).

To make a long story short, buy it from whoever you want and don't feel guilty about going somewhere else to get a lower price.

You mean information in the OS is not 100% objective and dealers are actually using it to hype certain books. 893whatthe.gifOMG MY EYES, EYE I SAY THEY ARE BURNING

No, couldn't be, these upstanding pillars of the community who strip little old ladies (often named Church) out of untold fortunes in funny books. NEVER NEVER I SAY ALL CONTENT IN THE OS IS GOSPEL hail.gifhail.gif

FD YOUR BLASPHEMY ASTOUNDS ME.

Oh and buy the way when are you psoting some more books, I'm tired of dealing with these BSD crooks and the propaganda they spew with every venomous breath. 4_15_3.gif

I"m guessing that the inclusion of BLBs had as much to do with falling sales as it did with Geppi being such large collector.Sales of a couple thousand units goes a long way towards hoding the price increases down.Not to mention the increased advertising rates.

#34 is the first Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide that I ever bought, and I'm glad that it had all the info it had. Quite a trip for me in this new-found hobby of mine. I don't know that I would want to see any changes to it. I guess they could come out with two books and split the info somehow, but that probably isn't the answer either.

And you would think that a group of people who are so marginalized and denigrated in the mainstream for their passion for collecting could muster some measure of respect or at least tolerance for the collecting interests of others, but no...

If the inclusion of BLBs in Overstreet helps to reverse being "marginalized and denigrated in the mainstream for (our) passion for collecting", then I take it all back. Expand the BLB section!

#34 is the first Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide that I ever bought, and I'm glad that it had all the info it had. Quite a trip for me in this new-found hobby of mine. I don't know that I would want to see any changes to it. I guess they could come out with two books and split the info somehow, but that probably isn't the answer either.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree to a point. I DO support my LCS, and buy trades and suppliers and such from them that I could get cheaper, but I just wanted to see if someone was going to over a killer deal on Overstreets like Lighthouse has been the past few years.

I do want my local store to stay in business, because even though they pretty much only sell mainstream modern stuff that I am not interested in it is good to have a store open in the area to draw people into.

Since it looks like previous Overstreet supplier, Lighthouse, has flaked out a bit, I am looking for the new source for new one. Any recommendation? My LCS only has a 10% discount on books, and I think I could probably do better. I MUST have the *gasp* John Stanley Little Lulu and Tubby cover version. I think I need to get the "Direct" edtition to get that one.

NO!! Buy the book from your LCS. Everytime we turn around another one is going out of business. Just because you CAN save a dollar or two doesn't mean you should. I buy what I can from my local shop. Bags, boards, etc... If not I may not have a local shop to buy from!!