• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War and War Heroes for Memorial Day Weekend - CLOSED

103 posts in this topic

In honor of Memorial Day, I'll be going through my boxes over the next few days and offering up some books that are connected to war and/or war heroes....mostly SA, but also some GA and a few BA - everything raw.

MY RULES:

- No PL/HOS members, or any other questionable characters at my judgment. Aside from that, the first taker wins, whether in the thread or via PM, based on time stamp (in PMs, a book is taken as of the instant that terms have been agreed to by both me and the buyer); I'll mark books SOLD in the thread as soon as reasonably possible...don't assume that a book is yours until I confirm.

- If time is needed for a particular PM discussion/negotiation to play out, I've been known to put a book ON HOLD in the thread; my definition of ON HOLD is that the book is not available for purchase by anyone else until the book comes OFF HOLD;

- I'll take PayPal, personal checks, or USPS money orders;

- Shipping:

• USA: shipping via priority mail, $5 for up to 5 books (bomb-proof flat rate envelope), $10 for 6 or more books (bomb-proof flat rate box)
  • Canada, UK or Australia: we'll figure incremental shipping charges for boxed trackable shipping (either first class or priority mail international, depending on package value and destination); please don't ask me to understate value on customs forms
  • other international destinations, my apologies

All books are complete with covers and centerfolds attached at both staples with no known restoration, unless otherwise noted.

100% happiness guarantee - if you don't like your books for any reason, return them to me as purchased for a full refund within a reasonable time frame.

For what it's worth, you can check out my kudos thread HERE

CLICK HERE to go to the thread RECAP

PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking!

Ed

Fightin' Marines 15 (July '55), VG 4.0, BIN $15 SOLD

edge wear; cover tanning; writing in pencil on back cover; back cover creasing; bit of cover soiling; full length (slightly diagonal) subscription fold through book lightly breaks color on the FC

Grey tone cover by Mr. Baker; there's only one graded copy on the census, so send this one here in and you'll have the 2nd highest graded copy! :idea:

th_fightinmarines15_f_zps1d1936f6.jpgth_fightinmarines15_r_zps8eaa3fb7.jpg

Fightin' Marines 15 (July '55), VG 4.0, BIN $15

edge wear; cover tanning; writing in pencil on back cover; back cover creasing; bit of cover soiling; full length (slightly diagonal) subscription fold through book lightly breaks color on the FC

Grey tone cover by Mr. Baker; there's only one graded copy on the census, so send this one here in and you'll have the 2nd highest graded copy! :idea:

fightinmarines15_f_zps1d1936f6.jpg

fightinmarines15_r_zps8eaa3fb7.jpg

:takeit:

Nick Fury 4, GD/VG 3.0, BIN $5 :o

abrasions to paper along the spine; wear around cover edges, tiny spot of color loss right on Fury’s mouth; foxing/soiling; looks like the leading edge of FC has seen moisture, but no paper rippling; quarter-inch vertical tear top edge FC above the “N”; a nice 3.0

Origin retold.

nickfury4_f_zps961450f6.jpg

nickfury4_r_zpsa8922310.jpg

Nick Fury 12, FN+ 6.5, BIN $9

some small indentations on the BC; small bit of soiling on the FC around the pink/purple bullseye; some FC scraping; light cover wear/spine stress/corner blunting

nickfury12_f_zps580ae646.jpg

nickfury12_r_zps4ba39be9.jpg

I've got one "retro" Fury book:

Sgt. Fury 13, FN 6.0, BIN $75 SOLD

wear/crinkling along the spine on the back cover; small diag. cb crease tip of LRFC; light cover edge wear; very light interior cover tanning; Oct 7 date stamp next to Cap's head; nice cover color and gloss

th_sgtfury13_f_zpsf5c7c2dd.jpgth_sgtfury13_r_zpsb75f295e.jpg

Let me just go ahead and get all my Fury books out here...he's splitting time with Dr. Strange, but he's still in here, and he's still a war hero...he lost his left eye to a grenade blast, for cripes sake