• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War and War Heroes for Memorial Day Weekend - CLOSED

103 posts in this topic

Love your scans Ed... all look crystal clear. If you get a chance PM me what brand you are using... I'm in the market.

GLWTS too :)

xxx ooo

Rupp

Rupp!!! A belated "welcome back" to you...glad to see you back on the boards...

Love your scans Ed... all look crystal clear. If you get a chance PM me what brand you are using... I'm in the market.

GLWTS too :)

xxx ooo

Rupp

Rupp!!! A belated "welcome back" to you...glad to see you back on the boards...

Great to be back Ed. Hope I didn't miss any of your great sales ;)

Plus... I need this so .... :takeit:

X-Men 96, VG/FN 5.0, BIN $13

foxing; BC creasing; big ncb FC crease alongside the spine; another crease bottom center FC that barely breaks color

xmen96_f_zps50d80287.jpg

xmen96_b_zps62508dbb.jpg

and this... ;)

:takeit:

X-Men 138, FN 6.0, BIN $6

history of the X-Men is recounted.

ncb crunchie top right corner-fold on all pages; crease lower left BC; minor spine stress accumulation

xmen138_f_zpsa109836f.jpg

xmen138_b_zps79b27905.jpg

Tales of Suspense 89, GD/VG 3.0, BIN $4

1/2" tear lower BC edge; foxing; cf detached top staple; 1/4" lower spine split/tear; small piece missing next to the top spine corner; general wear

tos89_f_zps7d756f86.jpg

tos89_r_zps6f0e0804.jpg

Change of pace...another historical military figure...this time, from France

Ideal 3 (2nd series, Timely, 1948), VG/FN 5.0, BIN $55 SOLD

minor bit of spine tearing alongside the bottom staple; 1/4" vertical tear bottom edge FC; typical spine/cover wear; pencil "S" on the FC; solid book

Used in SOTI

th_ideal3_f_zps5a94f74e.jpgth_ideal3_r_zpsd66a47f3.jpg

Just for fun, a couple interior shots, including the 'burning at the stake' scene:

th_ideal3_i1_zps61ddfe57.jpgth_ideal3_i2_zpse4162e69.jpg

:takeit:

Change of pace...another historical military figure...this time, from France

Ideal 3 (2nd series, Timely, 1948), VG/FN 5.0, BIN $55

minor bit of spine tearing alongside the bottom staple; 1/4" vertical tear bottom edge FC; typical spine/cover wear; pencil "S" on the FC; solid book

Used in SOTI

ideal3_f_zps5a94f74e.jpg

ideal3_r_zpsd66a47f3.jpg

Just for fun, a couple interior shots, including the 'burning at the stake' scene:

ideal3_i1_zps61ddfe57.jpg

ideal3_i2_zpse4162e69.jpg

I'm calling this next book a war story. Roy Dixon (the bombardier) and Buck Gordon (the pilot) were in WWII together. After the war, they went in business together, and Buck kept ticking Roy off...so, Roy decided to drop Buck out of the B-29:

Tales From the Crypt 43 (copy A), VG/FN 5.0, BIN $80

minor scuffing on back cover; pretty good page quality; color fading along leading edge FC

tftc43_f_zpsc7d041e7.jpg

tftc43_r_zps24b79bea.jpg

Tales From the Crypt 43 (copy B), VG- 3.5, BIN $55

Great, other than missing URFC (piece included with book!) and missing upper left BC corner - unfortunately, those missing pieces are a technical grade killer; aside from those missing pieces, this is a nicer book than copy A

tftc43b_f_zps2f0c4228.jpg

tftc43b_r_zpsa901cbd5.jpg

:think: parachute cover, after a fashion....,

I'm calling this next book a war story. Roy Dixon (the bombardier) and Buck Gordon (the pilot) were in WWII together. After the war, they went in business together, and Buck kept ticking Roy off...so, Roy decided to drop Buck out of the B-29:

Tales From the Crypt 43 (copy A), VG/FN 5.0, BIN $80

minor scuffing on back cover; pretty good page quality; color fading along leading edge FC

tftc43_f_zpsc7d041e7.jpg

tftc43_r_zps24b79bea.jpg