• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The I Wish I Owned a Walking Dead #1 and How I Attempt to Fill the Hole Thread

28 posts in this topic

Yeah I know. I like the first one quite a bit, pretty average but still a full figure Rick in the original Sheriff uniform with the original haircut from #1 p1.

Btw..... Nice pages Garf (thumbs u

I'm saving up for a RAW black label. Really would like to add one to my books. I did hold out for a while for my issue one.

It was very hard for me to pull the trigger at the time. Just seemed and still does that OA is the better deal. The black label can be bought at anytime. One of a kind pages can be locked up forever. IMO

Agreed! The books helped me pay for a lot of the art, and long term it's just a much better investment.

This is still my first and most sentimental OA from the WD i have. I'd sell my #1 page before this guy:

FNdULiF5_0104142235251.jpg

I'm saving up for a RAW black label. Really would like to add one to my books. I did hold out for a while for my issue one.

It was very hard for me to pull the trigger at the time. Just seemed and still does that OA is the better deal. The black label can be bought at anytime. One of a kind pages can be locked up forever. IMO

Agreed! The books helped me pay for a lot of the art, and long term it's just a much better investment.

This is still my first and most sentimental OA from the WD i have. I'd sell my #1 page before this guy:

Oh shush you... don't remind me that I passed on the remaining 21 / 22 pages before I knew what I was looking at. Seem to recall they were in the $135 range when they were still on Splash. That's a really nice one.

Is it before,yet ?

I wouldn't mind owning a Walking Dead #1 but I'd much rather spend the money on a page of original art.

Yup... there are thousands of #1's and only one of each of the original pages.

^^

Just seemed and still does that OA is the better deal. The black label can be bought at anytime. One of a kind pages can be locked up forever. IMO
Exactly, and that rarity adds to the "hunt". Seth Green once wrote about how ebay had ruined the "hunt" of collecting action figures. The same can be said for comics, but with OA sometimes you have one chance to get a page.

Is it before,yet ?

doh!

Oh shush you... don't remind me that I passed on the remaining 21 / 22 pages before I knew what I was looking at. Seem to recall they were in the $135 range when they were still on Splash. That's a really nice one.

Right before SDCC 2012. Mark bumped up the prices but that one was $265 with shipping. I remember thinking I should have bought more. There's still a page from 46 i debated buying for WEEKS that I hate seeing in someone else's hands. From that point I made the rule that if I really wanted something and the thought of it in someone elses collection made me sick, I'd buy it and work on a solve to afford it!

Is it before,yet ?

lol:roflmao: