• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you choose? Perfect centring or Perfect colour? Updated with pics

65 posts in this topic

Hi boardies,

I am have the opportunity to purchase a book for my collection that I have been looking for. Grade is the same at 9.2 and price is the same. Only difference is one has perfect centring but OW/W pages while the other has good centring and white pages. Would you choose the pages colours or the centring?

Thanks to everyone for taking a look and offer their opinion.

Tough decision! If it's a common enough book, wait and buy THE book. Because either way, you might be kicking yourself if another pops up with both the centering AND PQ! I'm personally more of a PQ snob than grade, but I feel like centering may even trump PQ! So, I guess if it's a common enough book - wait. If you feel that you can't, get the better centered book. OW/W to W is sometimes a very minimal difference. A big white spine or terrible centering really stands out though! :sick:

Don't think the centring is that bad on the second. Will make it easy and upload pics in a few seconds

Back to watching my beloved Habs. What a wild game!

I think that's easy - Copy A!

The white spine looks even and straight. Copy B looks like the Marvel Comics Group bar has a slight tilt down to the right! It might just be the scan, but Copy A looks like it has bolder, brighter colors!

Copy A :headbang:

IM 55's are notorious for misrwaps. Is the picture of A lightened? Is the copy B scan darker than the actual colors of the book?

Both books look fine, but based on pics/scans that you present, I'd take A as well.

IM 55's are notorious for misrwaps. Is the picture of A lightened? Is the copy B scan darker than the actual colors of the book?

Both books look fine, but based on pics/scans that you present, I'd take A as well.

Unfortunately I do not have the answer to these questions but the looks like copy A has a definite advantage in colour overall

Given that the quality of the second photo hides the true colours and that the staples are not well around on the back, I'd take B.

It's beautifully centred. This is very hard to find. hm

Besides, the white strip on A hides non-colour breaking stresses, whereas none will exist on B. ;)

As I crack all my keeper books, I have witnessed many a W and OW/W that are interchangeable. :sumo: