• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC shipping and different tiers of grading. Ouch

43 posts in this topic

Stu is right - you can submit through CGC's affiliate links (like the one from Superworld Comics below) which will allow you to send the books directly to CGC without having to be a member of the collector's society.

http://www.cgccomics.com/index_cobrand.asp?GradingCompany=CGC&affiliate=SW

Thanks!

It's been that way for 14 years, but CGC conveniently likes to bury this info. That's why I always post it, 'cause so many Noobs out there think you HAVE to buy a membership.

Noobs would be smarter to take advantage of the grading coupons.

Stu is right - you can submit through CGC's affiliate links (like the one from Superworld Comics below) which will allow you to send the books directly to CGC without having to be a member of the collector's society.

http://www.cgccomics.com/index_cobrand.asp?GradingCompany=CGC&affiliate=SW

Thanks!

It's been that way for 14 years, but CGC conveniently likes to bury this info. That's why I always post it, 'cause so many Noobs out there think you HAVE to buy a membership.

The way you post this information causes confusion. Especially your first post. You are correct. One does, following what you say, mail the books directly to CGC. One does get the 10% discount. But you are NOT submitting the books directly to CGC yourself. You are still submitting under someone else's account. SuperWorld, Metropolis, whoever.

There are a few advantages to getting your own membership. When one submits under a participating dealer's account, you will not have access to the online web portal and cannot watch as your books move along. When you submit under your own account, you have access to the web portal. You'll know the books grades several days before they arrive. And while it's rare, if something doesn't look right you can make a call and say "I think that you've listed the wrong book" or whatever.

And then there are the free grading coupons - themselves worth the price of membership.

And if anyone doubts, just try it. Click those links in Option 3, you'll see where you end up. (don't worry, you're not obligated to send anything in :) )

So your saying that an individual cannot only submit directy to CGC, but they get a 10% discount? Without a paid membership?

I'm sorry but your incorrect and I don't believe you. Get CGC to confim this or some other type of proof. Just because you can mail it doesn't mean a darn thing.

I can mail CGC 10 books with a 50% discount, doesn't mean they'll honor it and grade the books.

Where are you getting your info?

The first time I subbed books (in 2006) I used the affiliate link, shipped my books to CGC, got the discount, and they sent them back to me.

-slym