• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st goal of 2005 is....

52 posts in this topic

I have a few full sets of USM plus some modern 9.8/9.9/10.0s I am going to sell. Plus a Bongo lot, a Crossgen lot, and several other modern runs. And I may part with some of my original art. frown.gif

That might run you up to the first appearance of the Looter. tongue.gif

First thing to do is finish my X-Men run. Still only 13 to go.

Then I'm leaving all this "new" stuff behind and working exclusively on GA stuff. I figure by the time I die I can get a complete set of Fiction House Comics. I'll be starting with Wings Comics though. There's a nice CGC 8.0 sitting on ComicLink right now 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Norin, I have hardly no modern books. The BA keys are done-you name it, most likely I've got it. The concentration has been SA before my recent hiatus. As far as complete runs..

SIlver Surfer vol.1

Giant Size Marvel

Werewolf by Night

Tomb of Dracula

Man-Thing(hey I like it)

Swamp Thing vol.1

Conan the Barbarian vol.1

Frankenstien Monster

....and many, many more keys and 1st app., still in the aquire mode, as it will be 15 years minimum before any liquidating is done.

Now, if anyone wants my Image collection...make me an offer!!!! They do apparently start the Modern Age!!!!

I like Man-Thing a lot too.

Norin, I have hardly no modern books. The BA keys are done-you name it, most likely I've got it. The concentration has been SA before my recent hiatus. As far as complete runs..

SIlver Surfer vol.1

Giant Size Marvel

Werewolf by Night

Tomb of Dracula

Man-Thing(hey I like it)

Swamp Thing vol.1

Conan the Barbarian vol.1

Frankenstien Monster

....and many, many more keys and 1st app., still in the aquire mode, as it will be 15 years minimum before any liquidating is done.

Now, if anyone wants my Image collection...make me an offer!!!! They do apparently start the Modern Age!!!!

I like Man-Thing a lot too.

Not that there's anything wrong with that... poke2.gif

grin.gif

To aquire:

A VGish copy of Headline #8

A low grade Captain America #46

The Wonder Wart-Hog issues of Drag Cartoons I'm missing.

More Scomburg war covers

A VG or so copy of Mister Mystery #6

Some of the HTF undergounds I'm looking for at a price that I can't pass up.

The Charlton Johnny Dynamite books

More cool comics from every decade, era and genre!

bumpit.gif

So how did everyone do on their goals? confused-smiley-013.gif

I sold off more than $2K worth of comics and comic art. I plan on selling about the same this year.

But as far as buying, my goals have changed more towards GA (which will take longer to achieve). However, I did buy quite a few SA/BA comics that I wanted.

2005? That's old news! Now 2006 that's a different story! First goal is to get strange tales 110 & 111 in high grade to complete a high grade run of Lee/Ditko doctor strange 110-146!

Did you succeed in your goals for 2005?

All I did in 2005 was take a few more steps up a giant mountain of comics foreheadslap.gif

.... be nicer to Newt.

Hey...I bought him the thickest board I could get for a buck and a quarter...

...and he still magaged to scratch my kickstand with his face. mad.gif

activit-38.jpg

Yep that's Newt. The footwear is a dead giveaway. Although Dwarf is taller than I imagined.

I'm still looking for a desired copy of the Manhunters 1st app, I saw only three, granted, with the new house being project #1 it really cut down on the hunting time. However, just having my books back under the same roof as myself is a 2006 goal accomplished. I still have not had the down time to map out what books or genre I want to collect this year, other than upgrading my WBN and TOD runs, which Blowout has shipped some of them out-looking forward to getting them, as I'm sure it will get the collecting juices flowing. Peace CC.