• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most important GOTG Book/s?

26 posts in this topic

He was only depicted that large on the cover of TTA #13. In the story, he's more like Giant-Man size.

I have fond memories of Hulk Annual #5. I'd been collecting around a year when it came out and I loved the pre-hero monsters so it was a fun read. Lotsa Sal Buscema open mouths though. lol

I've been waiting until I picked up an upgrade to re-read it.

Most important GOTG books are all their first appearances (some can agree to disagree on which ones)

TTA 13

ST 180

IM 55

Hulk 271 / MP 7

MP 4

FF 65

Avengers 28

MSH 18

and no fear 19 is not a key GOTG

He was only depicted that large on the cover of TTA #13. In the story, he's more like Giant-Man size.

I have fond memories of Hulk Annual #5. I'd been collecting around a year when it came out and I loved the pre-hero monsters so it was a fun read. Lotsa Sal Buscema open mouths though. lol

I've been waiting until I picked up an upgrade to re-read it.

Thanks – so he’s the same size in Hulk Annual #5, right?

I expect this movie to be a monster flop.

I'm a comic geek and I've never been interested in this stuff. I really don't think the general public is going to flock to this, regardless of how much marketing there is.

Remember, Disney made the John Carter movie too. :D

Whether you love the idea of this movie or hate it, this is going to be big. Disney marketing muscle and Marvel building the comic book franchise are two good reasons but to me the biggest is this will be the introduction of the Marvel Cosmic Universe and the infinite world and characters that come along with it. When this movie breaks the comics associated with this will rise with the tide. Ultimately the market will decide which ones and how much but isn't this one of the things that makes collecting interesting.

interesting to read comments prior to a movies release. It appears guardians isn't going to be a flop like john carter.

I'm a comic geek and I've never been interested in this stuff. I really don't think the general public is going to flock to this, regardless of how much marketing there is.

Whether you love the idea of this movie or hate it, this is going to be big. Disney marketing muscle and Marvel building the comic book franchise are two good reasons but to me the biggest is this will be the introduction of the Marvel Cosmic Universe and the infinite world and characters that come along with it. When this movie breaks the comics associated with this will rise with the tide. Ultimately the market will decide which ones and how much but isn't this one of the things that makes collecting interesting.

hm

Yeah, not so good on the guessing there...

$95 Million opening weekend doesn't scream "monster flop" to me...