• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Death Of Wolverine #1 Variant Dilemma

26 posts in this topic

Im a Wolverine collector so it's not really for investment. If i invest in comics ( which im guilty of flipping), I buy $1-$3 books and turn them around later for high grade keys. Im a collector first, flipper and invester second. My pull list is like 100 or more books a month.

Wow, DCBS is offering the Quesada sketch for $1000? Seriously? Is there something I missed? I thought ordering from DCBS was supposed to be somehow cheaper like almost buying direct? Where's the "Discount" in Discount Comic Book Service? Looks like they've gone full tilt on the variant game now. I'm amazed when you can get it cheaper on ebay by about half!

Looks like this one is expected to fall like a rock. I mean seriously? Killing wolverine? It would be Marvel's biggest joke if they actually did kill him off and left him dead and making it illegal for him to ever be in print/digital or otherwise. someone would get fired for that decision.

Now let's say hypothetically speaking they did keep him dead, which they won't. they would have to have someone just as awesome, which they don't, to come and fill the void. He's freakin' wolverine, man. That's like killing the Punisher or Lobo or well, yes, Superman (but not really). why don't they just stick this story into a What If issue which is really what that's for. I mean we've probably all debated it before. If Wolverine was ever killed how could it be done and who would be capable of doing it. I mean technically doesn't he die in UXM Days of Future past by a Sentinal blast? So no, totally not original, not unique, not going to stay dead, total BS, LAME LAME LAME LAME.

screw you Marvel! How many times are you going to pull this mess. Until you've tried it with every major character and then every second tier character, and then, what, every minor character. Are you going to have a special Death of Rocket Raccoon tribute variant, or death of Puck, or no, mess, you actually do kill off and leave for dead all the 3rd tier characters. Why the hell weren't there any Death of Thunderbird variants. I liked Thunderbird, Marvel! Why'd you have to kill him off and leave him dead! You killed him on his 2nd mission! He was our only Native American superhero (for a while). You racist bastards! Oh sure then you brought in Forge and at least you conveniently replaced Thunderbird with his brother Warpath as a thinly veiled revival of the character but hey at least you kept him dead and still found a way to replace him. Is that what you're going to do with Wolverine!?!?! What are you going to have his daughter or son or great grandfather come out of nowhere and fill in the void. No, I'm sorry, that just isn't going to work. It looks like BS, smells like BS, and I'm not going to eat your mess this time. I'm glad I'm not as big a fan as some of the other guys who have to eat it and smile and ask for more. screw you Marvel! rantrant

screw you Marvel! How many times are you going to pull this mess.

Until the OP doesn't pre-order a boatload of copies to get all the variants...