• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HAS YOU FAITH IN CGC BEEN SHAKEN???

HAS CGC SHAKEN YOUR FAITH IN 3rd PARTY GRADING?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. HAS CGC SHAKEN YOUR FAITH IN 3rd PARTY GRADING?

64 posts in this topic

I like your choice of the term "shaken". 27_laughing.gif See you guys later.....off to see Iggy Pop open for Iron Maiden. (STFU Kenny!)

RED first, thumbsup2.gif, second cloud9.gif,third (stop picking on Ze-Man 893naughty-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif)

Brain.. I thank you for sticking up for wittle ol me.. acclaim.gif

But I know who Brad really went to see tonight... and he would rather me not open up my pie hole.

gossip.gif

I will send the anwser to the person who paypals me the most money.

All money is non refundable.

And will go towards my favorite charity.

Me. yay.gif

Ze-

all this "stands now" stuff is skewing your poll. The results are coming up even because up til now CGC is still innocent, so just how much confidence can be shaken by them just "thinking" about beating their wife???

Ask it more directly and we can send CGC the message I think we all want to:

"If CGC goes through with the plan to set up a sister company for restoration of comics and paper collectibles, will your faith be shaken."

My faith has been shaken long before the whole pressing issue came up. I just find their grading inconsistant and believe they are off by +/- 1 grade point on the 9.0 and below, and probably +/-..2 to .4 for the 9.2 and above.

Sad thing is, I trust their grading and restoration disclosure more than most dealers...

When I know more I will change the poll to reflect this NEW information, but feel free to start your own poll.

Yeah Aman, start your own poll and make sure you at least spell the words in the subject line correctly when you do. Then your poll will be way better than this one. poke2.gif Brain.

When I know more I will change the poll to reflect this NEW information, but feel free to start your own poll.

Yeah Aman, start your own poll and make sure you at least spell the words in the subject line correctly when you do. Then your poll will be way better than this one. poke2.gif Brain.

ALLWAYS THE CRITIC THERE FFB 27_laughing.gif YOU CAN FAULT MY SPELLING ,BUT NOT MY EFFORT.

My faith has been shaken long before the whole pressing issue came up. I just find their grading inconsistant and believe they are off by +/- 1 grade point on the 9.0 and below, and probably +/-..2 to .4 for the 9.2 and above.

Sad thing is, I trust their grading and restoration disclosure more than most dealers...

You are wise, oh fan of the man of the bats, and I agree completely with your assessment.

I'm betting it will be way, way better. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Nothing yet, confused-smiley-013.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Nothing yet, confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm thinking it will be much more better! devil.gif

Considering all the threads, opinions, stakes, agendas, and evidence surrounding this entire issue, to me only ONE thing is clear:

This move by cgc DID NOT INCREASE anyone's faith in cgc.

People's faith either stayed the same or decreased.

'Nuff said.

Considering all the threads, opinions, stakes, agendas, and evidence surrounding this entire issue, to me only ONE thing is clear:

This move by cgc DID NOT INCREASE anyone's faith in cgc.

People's faith either stayed the same or decreased.

'Nuff said.

By the numbers , that would seem to be the case. By emotion, that is NOT the case. Time will tell, as all the FACTS

are not in play,YET!

You are wise, oh fan of the man of the bats, and I agree completely with your assessment.

Yes Nikos contest and the threads re : slab damage have done more harm in placing your faith in cgc graded comics .

How long before " the no returns " policy of ebay sellers and dealers stand , just because its in a slab no longer guarantees the grade .