• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who hates Doiby Dickles

36 posts in this topic

One sidekick I like, strangely: Bucky. The Cap covers wouldn't be nearly as cool if Bucky didn't always find himself in such peril.

Since Bucky was there from the start, it's easier to accept him as well. There are plenty of Robin in peril/bondage covers, but there are a good number of the covers from the war years have Bucky swinging in firing a machine gun, something you never saw Robin do. It also helps that Cap and Bucky are color co-ordinated. It's tough being the Dark Knight when your squire is dressed like a circus performer.

Relative to Robin, I guess Bucky is pretty cool :D

Stand-up comedian John Roy on why Bucky is now cool. Note: some very nsfw language.

That's funny man. Thanks for sharing. Bucky did well for himself.

At least Etta spoke English;) What was the point of the sidekicks anyway? If it was to engage children as readers, they could have found some better examples.

My favorite sidekick was Comet;)

At least Etta spoke English;) What was the point of the sidekicks anyway? If it was to engage children as readers, they could have found some better examples.

I always thought Kitten was quite engaging and unique for a sidekick... (thumbs u

d3ddb93e-dab5-403c-b3bc-97bd7f99791a_zpsc1ff0800.jpg

Cheers,

Cat-Man cat.png

I hate Doiby!!!! Bought a GA GL not too long ago and decided to read the TPB's. Once I got to Doiby I couldn't read on--he's ridiculous and I can barely even understand the written word they use for him Comics shouldn't take that much effort. Robin, however, rules. I think he is (and always will be) the coolest sidekick of all time

Yeah lol doiby is brutal. It's always turned me off from the golden age green lantern

14357437603_3d804a665a_b.jpg

I am still a fan of side-kicks. Perhaps it is due to my fondness for old westerns or kid gangs.

I always thought Kitten was quite engaging and unique for a sidekick... (thumbs u

d3ddb93e-dab5-403c-b3bc-97bd7f99791a_zpsc1ff0800.jpg

Cheers,

Cat-Man cat.png

Kitten was unusual in that while other kid sidekicks did appear to age up somewhat over time (Robin), it was usually very slowly, but Kitten actually seems to age in real time for the duration of title, going from a pre-pubescent 11 year old in 1941, to at appearing at least 16 by 1946 ( I don't now if her age or education level was actually stated by then). And judging by the covers she actually appears to mature with the years, rather than just suddenly grow older with an artist or editorial change.

:sorry:

lol

But not nearly the impact it had before you changed your board handle. The first time you did it I spit coffee all over my monitor

lol

Sorry Larry!

And you guys wondered why I changed my board name! :lol: