• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tips on using eBay's Turbolister

7 posts in this topic

Hopefully this is the right forum to ask...

I've downloaded eBay's turbolister, and I have trouble using it efficiently. Could anyone spare some tips on how to get hundreds of books via turbolister quickly.

Some info:

-I've just subscribed to an eBay store.

-I scan my books front and back, and load them to Photobucket. I really like to post HTML scans of the books in my description as well as loading via eBay gallery. I find this step takes up the post time between copying the html links from Photobucket, pasting them into the description, and also loading them via eBay autoloader. It also seems like turbolister lags greatly during the process

Question:

-I know saving templates are the way to go, but not sure how it'll help me be that much quicker with always going in the description and changing out my picture HTML links. Also I would have to lookup and change the category each time right? From MODERN AGE-->SUPERHERO--> to XYZ character. Any tips or suggestions?

-I also have an Apple computer, and users familiar with both turbolister and GarageSale and prefer one over the other?

Any general advice and/or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully this is the right forum to ask...

I've downloaded eBay's turbolister, and I have trouble using it efficiently. Could anyone spare some tips on how to get hundreds of books via turbolister quickly.

Some info:

-I've just subscribed to an eBay store.

-I scan my books front and back, and load them to Photobucket. I really like to post HTML scans of the books in my description as well as loading via eBay gallery. I find this step takes up the post time between copying the html links from Photobucket, pasting them into the description, and also loading them via eBay autoloader. It also seems like turbolister lags greatly during the process

Question:

-I know saving templates are the way to go, but not sure how it'll help me be that much quicker with always going in the description and changing out my picture HTML links. Also I would have to lookup and change the category each time right? From MODERN AGE-->SUPERHERO--> to XYZ character. Any tips or suggestions?

-I also have an Apple computer, and users familiar with both turbolister and GarageSale and prefer one over the other?

Any general advice and/or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Pictures: to do it quickly, you will need to create your own program. Costly and/or time consuming. With turbo lister, change the picture properties to use html. When you load a picture, you will be able to use the links. As far as the ebay gallery goes, it will only use one pic from your 2 links but will post both links in the description.

Categories: you will have to look up categories each time for a different series. But if its the same series, duplicate. Once you start getting a good database of titles and series, you will be able to just copy and paste, change title/description, price, etc.

Apple/garagesale: i use a pc so i don't know.

Put the generic bulk of your information in the description and all the info that will stay the same.Make ONE listing and save it with a short title,just a few letters.I usually add the number 1 before it so it stays at the top of the page out of the way of the listings you will upload later.

Don't add pictures yet.Duplicate it enough times for the number of categories you plan on using;ie,Gold,Silver,Bronze,Copper,Mags,etc.I like to make a few each and for golden age books,simple call that one Gold.

Once you have these done,duplicate several for each category you will use.It's a lot easier to do one era at a time.Once you have this done you are ready to start individualizing them.

Do the title first and erase the generic name adding your title.Add pic and description and your scans from pb if you are going that route.I wouldn't bother with that for lower priced books for the reason you listed,too slow,but it's your call.

Save this one and go on to the next one.Always leave one ready to duplicate,it cuts down on cut & paste.Template may be easier though I never used it.

You can play around with the above formula but this saved me a lot of time.

Good luck,tl had a tendency to crash on me but I was using Vista.Go figure.

The only way to really use it for lots of listings is to take your template, export it to a spreadsheet, and then do all your editing in excel. (I wrote scripts to do some of the rote edits directly in the CSV file, too, but you are always better off in excel).

Import the spreadsheet and you can list them all quickly.