• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncanny X-men 121 Direct Sales Edition?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, new to the forums and getting back into my childhood hobby of collecting comic books. I have a question for you guys. Does Uncanny X-men 121 have a direct sales version? Since I started looking on Ebay a couple weeks back until now, all I have seen are what appear to be newstand versions with the UPC code. Thanks.

No, the slash through the UPC did not start until the next issue dated June 1979. The only direct sale X-Men issue previous to that was 118 and that was a blank UPC edition.

Ah ok, that explains it. Direct sales versions are my strong preference but now I need no longer worry about searching for one for that issue. Thanks for the info!

Hi all, new to the forums and getting back into my childhood hobby of collecting comic books. I have a question for you guys. Does Uncanny X-men 121 have a direct sales version?

No, the first Direct Copy of X-Men was 122, and before that they were just random Whitman versions like 118.

No, the slash through the UPC did not start until the next issue dated June 1979. The only direct sale X-Men issue previous to that was 118 and that was a blank UPC edition.

The blank UPC version of X-Men 118 was a Whitman copy.