• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DIGITAL CODES ON CGC Books--New Marvel Stamps?

10 posts in this topic

With new modern comics being issued with digital codes, how does CGC know whether these codes have been used or does it matter? If we looking at Marvel Stamps cut outs as incomplete from older books...do we consider used Digital codes as incomplete comics. I think initially the books came inside with a coded removable stamp, and now, I think they are just encoded into the comic book Are they the new Marvel Stamps...I see some sellers sell digital codes on eBay then try to sell the comic books separately but do not specify whether the digital codes have been used/redeemed.

With technology moving so fast, I think it is an important point that should be addressed by CGC and the discussion board. Does anyone know whether this issue has been addressed? And yes, I know this would slow down grading but we are paying for expensive grading and don't we deserve to have a complete grading system that adjusts to new emerging technologies. Would this be inputted on the label system that is being revamped? Also will the first comic books that came out with digital codes from Marvel and DC be worth more in the future? Things to consider and to discuss...I think...what do you think...Thanks for listening. Digital Codes on Comics

has anyone read the post?

Anyway, it's already been addressed, the board search function is not your friend, but google is. Now go *spoon* yourself. iosgfjv;./szJAf;ladj;fl sdal;gvjasdk;lgjadkl;xcfsgj;klasdfjg ;lkdfsgj;sadkl gfasdfgjbzafk;dzsk;ladgfkjh;dx;kl,sg;aklsdfgujvlasdjlkdsajf;lkasdf;asejgfaksldfj;as;dklgfk;lasdjghfasdl;kgkl;asdhjgasdjg;klasdjgfl;kasdjg;klasdjgf;lkasdjgfkl;asdjgf;adksfkjl;asjkgfl;a

Plus marvel/DC could just as easily pull the digital content off line, rendering the codes useless.

Seems like all the collectors care about is the physical state of the book, and as long as that is unchanged... No one cares.

Trying to think of a comp in another collectibles market but am drawing a blank.

I believe most of the codes, if not all, have an expiration date. The only concern here is if the code 'cover' has been removed, or removed and clumsily replaced.

I answered the question not saying what I think should happen... if I thought my opinion was needed then I would suggest no ding on grade and that I am happy marvel does this because now I have a way to read my comic without damaging it to much...