• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WESTERN PA PEDIGREE

3 posts in this topic

can anyobody shed some light on this pedigree?

how it was discovered? what it is comprised of?

the guy who sells these books on ebay doesnt answer many q's on this collection.

ive heard a few "myths" on this collection- apparently it was a collection started by a father in the 40's and 50's and inherited by the fathers son when the father died. the son continued to collect comics, supposedly, the son's only passion in life was comics, he never married .

so, the collection actually contains/contained golden and silver age books.

a collector called mike freedman supposedly bought the books in the late 70's from the original owner?

ive also heard a big time collector called tom hanlon had a shot at the collection?

anyone??

ii am just fascinated by pedigrees and have read the rozanski account on the mile highs about 6 times!!!!

Western Penn is one of my favorite pedigrees because they are sooo clean tongue.gif I have been wondering about the history of this pedigree myself.

PS-Don't bring up Rozanski on this board or you will wake the living dead and people will be thrown into the penalty box above! shocked.gif

Pedigrees fascinate me too! grin.gif

I don't know anything about the Western Penn, but did you ever read Matt Nelson's article on the pedigree? I wish I could provide you with a link, but I can email it to you in word if you want tongue.gif