• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Made a mistake on E-Bay - need advice!

163 posts in this topic

Major online retailers cancel transactions all the time due to pricing errors. Mistakes happen. It was nice of the OP to honor the transaction, but I wouldn't have faulted him for cancelling either.

This exact thing just happened to be but the book was $35 and I relisted it for $3 (meant to be $30), I will be honoring the transaction ... But it sucks lol ..... I would rather make someone happy than mad, Big up to the OP for doing the same .... Good karma never hurt anyone!

Detective 385

Here is a link to the book. Looking at the scan it was probably closer to VF to VF+ but I didn't discount for the production looking coloration on the top edge. If you want to sell me a similar book for anywhere close to $3 - please send me a PM.

But that point is pretty moot. The buyer did not say he thought the price was legit. He basically said to suck it up and honor the error like he had to do.

Now that I see the auction, I do take back what I said. I didn't realize it was a BIN. I think you did the right thing but that buyer was wrong not letting you back out. I would block him as well.

I'll take Detective Comics 383 for $3 :baiting: