• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Marvel cross-overs.

49 posts in this topic

Isn't somebody reading a Strange Tales in an early FF? #1 maybe?

I believe it was FF # 4; Torch is reading a Sub-Mariner comic just before he meets the bum who turns out to be The Sub-Mariner.

Isn't somebody reading a Strange Tales in an early FF? #1 maybe?

I believe it was FF # 4; Torch is reading a Sub-Mariner comic just before he meets the bum who turns out to be The Sub-Mariner.

Stan at his finest. grin.gif

In FF 5, the Torch is reading a Hulk comic book.

Congrats, you get a cupie doll! I think FF 5 also contained a full size ad for the Hulk comic...

How about a No-Prize? (one of my favorite Stan the Man concepts)!!

acclaim.gifyay.gif

I want one!

I want one!

I want one!

I want one!

I want one!

yay.gif

I get a laugh out of this x-over listed in Overstreet.

Tales of Suspense #33 - 1962

Hulk 1st x-over cameo(picture on wall)

1102369919123_tos33.JPG

Apparently he's on the 1st and last panels of the 1st story.

1104885515318_tosh.JPG

1104000902740_tosha.JPG

Is this really worthy of being noted in Overstreet? or maybe one of their "red herrings"...even though it does technically exist. Was this issue considered special sometime in the past because it was an early hint of the Marvel Bullpen?

I don't normally collect pre-Captain America TOS but this comic was cheap and I wanted to get a taste of of the Monster TOS books. Good thing I didn't buy it for the x-over laugh.gif

in the old skool days like TOS 49 it would say "angel appears with special permission from x-men magazine". same with strange tales(FF) and FF 12(hulk). gossip.gif

Actually, here's what it says in TOS 49.

* The Anger and The X-Men appear in this story through the courtesy of the editors of "The X-Men" Magazine! The Avengers are depicted briefly on these pages by special arrangement with the Copyright Owners of "The Avengers" Magazine!