• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Both sold via BIN - Closed

13 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've got a couple books that I'm putting up for sale tonight to test out the auction format on the boards. Both books have a starting bid of $1.00 and its up to you guys as to what the books are worth. The price realized will include shipping within the US and International shipping will be an extra $10 for either book. All bids must be at least $1 larger than the previous bid. No HOS members need bother bidding and I'll set a BIN of $160 for the Superman and $50 for the Batman. Pictures and descriptions will follow. The auctions will end Wednesday night at 8:00 PM EST. Friendly thread crapping is always welcome - any publicity is good publicity.

1st Up - Superman vs Muhammad Ali or All-New Collectors Edition C-56 for those in the know. I had a really hard time getting a good picture of the book and my scanner only gets a small piece of this bad boy. I decided to break the book up into a bunch of smaller pictures so you can see how great the book looks. I'd give the book a technical grade of 9.2 since I counted 3 spine ticks on the front and on the back and the corners are slightly rounded. But this book is just smoking in terms of gloss and deep colors. I did take one picture of the inside pages to show you the fantastic art and white/off-white pages. It was a pleasure owning it.

IMG_1152_zps370e45a5.jpg

IMG_1153_zpsabbc1ed4.jpg

IMG_1154_zps100c5200.jpg

IMG_1150_zps65e33a20.jpg

IMG_1149_zpse6806cc6.jpg

IMG_1148_zps08e4f4e0.jpgIMG_1147_zpse08246a6.jpgIMG_1155_zps9b0f78a7.jpg

(I would be terribly disappointed if the first person who bids doesn't say $39! :baiting:)

Nice. I did double check my BIN prices a couple times to make sure I didn't switch them. :grin:

The Detective Comics 420 is a tough one for me to grade since I'm not good trying to look around the upper cover but here is what I see. The front cover is a nice presenting VF- with a small bit of cover tanning. The biggest defect is some rubbing on the lower left cover and blunted corners. The inside covers a lot less tanning and no rubbing so I'm giving it a 9.2 with a possible 9.4 pretty much for the very slight corner blunting. Very deep gloss on both covers that hopefully will show up in the pictures.

IMG_1156_zpse8dcd4b8.jpg

IMG_1157_zps7b9f507d.jpg

IMG_1158_zpsa5fcdfdb.jpg

That's all the info I've got but feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions. Both books are first printings.

Will take the Tec :takeit:

^^ Had no idea about a BIN for that book but I guess it was right in your wheel house. Thanks for the purchase!

1st Up - Superman vs Muhammad Ali or All-New Collectors Edition C-56 for those in the know. I had a really hard time getting a good picture of the book and my scanner only gets a small piece of this bad boy. I decided to break the book up into a bunch of smaller pictures so you can see how great the book looks. I'd give the book a technical grade of 9.2 since I counted 3 spine ticks on the front and on the back and the corners are slightly rounded. But this book is just smoking in terms of gloss and deep colors. I did take one picture of the inside pages to show you the fantastic art and white/off-white pages. It was a pleasure owning it.

IMG_1152_zps370e45a5.jpg

IMG_1153_zpsabbc1ed4.jpg

IMG_1154_zps100c5200.jpg

IMG_1150_zps65e33a20.jpg

IMG_1149_zpse6806cc6.jpg

:takeit:

IMG_1152_zps370e45a5.jpg

IMG_1153_zpsabbc1ed4.jpg

IMG_1154_zps100c5200.jpg

IMG_1150_zps65e33a20.jpg

IMG_1149_zpse6806cc6.jpg

:takeit:

^^ Another BIN hit! I guess I'm going to have to start pricing my BINs a little more aggressively :grin: in order to try out the auction format. Thanks for the purchase.