• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help with underground type comics...

19 posts in this topic

Looked at a collection today that had a crapload of these type books and I know very little about them except for zap 1.

Any experts out there?

Have no idea of value or how hard they are to sell

Thanks,

Steve

First print Zaps-anything Crumb I would snatch up. American Splendor 1,2,3.

Fogel's underground comix price guide might help.

Insect Fear, Raw #1, black and white paper cover some have low print runs and are valuable

Unless you know the resources and have the knowledge to spot this stuff it's usually junk. It's a big risk from your standpoint unless you can get it for nearly a buck a book.

If not, you'll spend more manpower and effort trying to sell it then what you end up paying for it.

Undergrounds were reprinted really often -- think Classics Illustrated often. First prints of most books from the 60s through late 70s have at least some value. However, when you get into 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 10th, they're usually less than cover price.

I've also found that undergrounds are rarely found in nice condition. If you can find first prints in high grade, it would definitely be worth it.

Link :gossip:

:gossip: That's for reprints

It's for identifying first prints. :makepoint:

Oh I get it now.

If you can ID reprints THEN you'll know if it's a real first print cause it gets confusin with unnergrounds

:boo:

How many books? If theyre mostly early 70's it might be worth it

like if it's a 1000 UG's you can definitely break even at the very least

if it's mainly first ed's I don't see how ya can go wrong

There were so many of them I can't remember what was there. Was going to offer $1k for them plus the offer I would make for the rest of the other books... Not sure if that is a good idea though.

Try $400-500 first. 2c