• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I made a mistake on eBay as well (like 1Cool)

208 posts in this topic

People like to turn on each other here. I wish I understood why. We all love comics and are in this crazy society together. I just don't get the hate.

Peace,

Chip

I don't see hate here, really. Lots of opinions are present, which were requested and which the opening post opened things up to have people post.

I think it's valuable to see instances like this and learn from them. Handling things poorly will come back to haunt you like a Ghost, and there's no way to stop it if experience doesn't show you the way.

I think OP expected us all to rally to his side no questions asked since we are members here.

Agreed. I think the OP needs to rethink his business model

hm

Is she nice?

Can someone explain the genesis of the "cool books" motif? I see it a lot on here, and do understand its meaning, but is there an origin or back story?

It's simple. You can be the biggest person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed around, but if you have "cool books" to sell, people will buy from and befriend you.

Can someone explain the genesis of the "cool books" motif? I see it a lot on here, and do understand its meaning, but is there an origin or back story?

It's simple. You can be the biggest person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed around, but if you have "cool books" to sell, people will buy from and befriend you.

And defend you, as if good inventory is equivalent to good content of character.

And defend you, as if good inventory is equivalent to good content of character.

+1

Another side of this is Deep Pockets.

You can be the biggest person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed around, but if you buy the right books from the right people, you become a "well respected member".

At one time it was just "1 cool's books" which are of course sweet beyond words and its slowly shortened to just cool books. Hope this helps.

+1

You can be the biggest person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed around, but if you buy the right books from the right people, you become a "well respected member".

Indeed, the "Baller Principle". Make it rain Benjamins on a regular enough basis and you could run your house like Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch, and still have people lined up to nominate you for humanitarian awards and to smooch your bright white heinie.

+1

Indeed, the "Baller Principle". Make it rain Benjamins on a regular enough basis and you could run your house like Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch, and still have people lined up to nominate you for humanitarian awards and to smooch your bright white heinie.

What is it called when someone can be the biggest person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed around, but if they contribute to a worthy cause here they're suddenly granted sainthood?

+1

What is it called when someone can be the biggest person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed around, but if they contribute to a worthy cause here they're suddenly granted sainthood?

Indulgence?

+1

Indulgence?

That doesn't have a "kewl" ring to it.

People like to turn on each other here. I wish I understood why. We all love comics and are in this crazy society together. I just don't get the hate.

Peace,

Chip

Let me guess. Loyal customer? hm And no hate involved. Just the truth. :cloud9:

Peace,

Frankie

+1

So what if you are cool, have cool books, and deep pockets? hm

+1

You're Steve Borock? (shrug)

I would be giving the buyer the benefit of the doubt. He sniped in the last few seconds of the auction so he may have only the noticed this auction with moments to spare and seeing that it was seemly sitting at a good price for a 9.8 and put in a quick bid before scrolling down to read more details to find out it was just a 9.6

I stumble onto auctions in the final minutes/seconds all the time and may miss fine details in the seller's description in a rush to get a bid in. I don't recall being stung by this way of buying but seller's need to realize I can happen.

Last week I won a baseball card, nothing big, just a player I grew up liking. I believe it the price was $9 or $10 bucks. Anyway, I found the auction on my iphone, bid on my iphone and forgot about it. I got a message from the seller with like an hour to go that he looked over the card again, found a crease and asked me if I still wanted it. I didn't have my phone on my person at the time so when I see the message I go to the listing and there's like 5 seconds left. Long story short I told him I would prefer to cancel the transaction, he said no problem and it was done in a matter of minutes, saving all parties involved a giant headache.

Rule #1. Preview your listing. Rule #2. Once it's listed, review it and make changes before anybody bids.

In the case of the OP, I suppose I'd have tried to cancel the auction and start all over if there were already bids placed.

+1

Don't make me say it lol

I don't think you have to like someone to do business with them; that's an individual call, and this is a relatively small hobby. But it's odd that some people will project their successful transactions with someone onto other people's transactions with that person, and in the event of a disagreement make a judgment on that basis.