• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanks TNerb and Bagoffleas posted by Shivabali

10 posts in this topic

Or, two minds work better than one

Before the indelible ECCC 2014, Tnerb and Bagoffleas were at Wizard in Florida. While there, Tnerb (knowing that I had yet to acquire something higher than a 9.4 Marvel Graphic Novel #4) spotted a raw one. He and Bagoffleas concurred that it would fetch a 9.6. Tnerb graciously picked it up for me (35 bucks I think? AWESOME price) and brought it with him to ECCC. I submitted it a month ago, and got the results this morning. 9.6!!! Stoked! Hopefully next year I will take Ronnylama's advice and have someone sketch something in silver on the solid black back cover. Tried to manage a sketch this year, but on Saturday, all my chosen artists were already consigned to the max. One of the advantages of attending on Friday is getting books consigned I reckon. Well maybe next year McLeod will attend!!!

Along with the MGN #4, I also submitted a FOOM #2 that Ronnylama picked up for me (and pressed) a few months back. Came back an 8.0. Still a worthy grade on such a rarity.

Hopefully this week I'll get the results in for the rest of the ECCC SS lots...seems everyone is starting to get them back about now.

Lastly I have to give a shout out to CGC for grading these mags so quickly. They received them on 5/19, and were shipped out today...so under 3 weeks!!! Thanks CGC graders! Maybe mags go quicker because there are not as many submitted?

The photo is of Ronnylama's backside at ECCC 2012. Enjoy!!!

Thanks again everyone for making this hobby more than a hobby!

15559.jpg

See more journals by Shivabali

Yup! You are most welcome. I found it at the store we were at, and Tnerb told me you were looking for one in a higher grade. I knew after looking it over, it was def a 9.6 and he agreed with me. I've gotten very good at grading Graphic Novels. Congratulations!! I'm so glad we were able to help you score that beauty. :)

As far as the quick grading goes, I too had an invoice for ECCC that was done lightning fast without being fast tracked or anything. I'm still waiting on some invoices from. Megacon the week before, and yet my ECCC invoice has been back for weeks now. Wierd...

Great journal Shivibali. It's nice to have a couple of unofficial CGC pre-screeners lookin out for you! Tnerb definitley saved me from making a few poor buying decisions at ECCC.

I think I had 3 invoices from ECCC for CCS and CGC but only 1 has made it through both companies and is now sitting at received with CGC since 5/6. The other 2 invoices are MIA...not showing on CCS or CGC...trying not to stress about that and thinking it must be cause they are so busy.

Ronnylama...you need to cover that up man, lol.

Congrats on the grades. We are lucky to have such great friends.

Soon - soon we will have all our grades from ECCC

I'm anticipating the last of my grades over the next 48 hours. So far - life is good (mostly good).

Happy Hunting!

Lee K

If Tnerb and BOF says its a 9.6... well even the high and mighty CGC isn't going to go against their word. Congrats!

And thanks for sharing a photo of Ronny's backside. :)

SW3D

If Tnerb and BOF says its a 9.6... well even the high and mighty CGC isn't going to go against their word. Congrats!

lol

Thank you for the kind words. I try. I'm a slightly better grader of mags and graphic novels than Tnerb is, and Tnerb is a slightly better grader of normal comics than I am. Put us together and we're a grading force to be reckoned with.... I think. :)

As far as that picture goes, I really don't think that is what's meant by "crack"ing our books.

lol lol lol

You guys are all awesome friends that I can't wait to meet someday.

Why don't you and Tnerb start you own Grading Service or act as Grading Consultants.

Wouldn't it be cool if you two paired up and had your own reality TV Show where you search for vintage comics like the Toy Hunter guy?

I would totally watch that!

SW3D

Thank you! Your words were definitely kind. I only wish that the book could have been a 9.8. I am strict with my grades. It's easier when Cgc graded them higher. I write this in the Eve of cracking open a 9.8 copy of this very book. I am hesitant because to me it looks like a 9.6 all day long. Do I dare have Bob and Chris sign it and have it graded again? Can I treat it with kid gloves. Will both artists be at New York?

Ok I think I might start to babble. It is late. I'm back to not sleeping. And I thank you. Your generosity is truly remarkable. Thank you for the journal. I am humbled by it.

Tnerb