• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Young Guns 2014

15 posts in this topic

The latest future star artists according to Marvel are:

David Marquez

Mahmud Asrar

Nick Bradshaw

Ryan Stegman

Sara Pichelli

Valero Schiti

They will all be at a special panel this weekend at Special Edition NYC comic con.

I suspect these artists may start asking for a premium for their art if they haven't done so already. lol.

Based on Marvel's track record, only 50% of their young guns list achieve superstar status.

Thoughts?

Cheers!

N.

While all are talented, I would have to agree that Bradshaw appears to be the breakout star based on the frenzy by his fans snapping up all his artwork at very healthy prices. Nick's style has often been compared favorably to Arthur Adams in both style and detail.

I don't own any art from any of these artists yet but would love to make an addition.

Cheers!

N.

I love Bradshaw's work. But I feel like he really needs to find his own voice. The pages that he does with more his own style are great.

He does too much of an Art Adams style too often for some people to take him seriously IMO. I spoke to one guy about 6 months ago who almost leapt out of his skin and prickled at his name... because he felt like Brandshaw was a personal affront to AA.

marquez and Schiti are the only ones i would consider 'young guns'. the others have been cranking out quality work for a number of years. you cant go wrong with an asrar, pichelli, or stegman piece of art.

The latest future star artists according to Marvel are:

David Marquez

Mahmud Asrar

Nick Bradshaw

Ryan Stegman

Sara Pichelli

Valero Schiti

They will all be at a special panel this weekend at Special Edition NYC comic con.

I suspect these artists may start asking for a premium for their art if they haven't done so already. lol.

Based on Marvel's track record, only 50% of their young guns list achieve superstar status.

Thoughts?

Cheers!

N.

50% is considered a great number for conversions in most businesses.

(thumbs u

Remember when Marvel appointed John Romita Jr as a "Young Gun" in 2004, yet his "rookie" debut was in the late 1970's, nearly 3 decades prior...

From the list I'm familiar with

Mahmud Asrar

Nick Bradshaw

Ryan Stegman

Sara Pichelli

The stand outs of the bunch to me is Nick Bradshaw and Sara Pichelli.

These guys may not end up being superstarts in the Jim Lee sense (I mean seriously, who is?), but they are all young and in the biz, and their jorney is inpspirational. So many young and talented foklks try to break in and cant ever seem to get an "in" with the major companies, so when folks like this make it, it is very cool and the story of how they did so is compelling