• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction Closed.

29 posts in this topic

Lets try this again.

I've got a couple books that I'm putting up for sale tonight to test out the auction format on the boards. All three books have a starting bid of $1.00 and its up to you guys as to what the books are worth. The price realized will include shipping within the US and International shipping will be an extra $10 for either book. All bids must be at least $1 larger than the previous bid. No HOS members need bother bidding.

BINs for the books are:

Black Panther 1 - $200

Spiderman 67 - $100

Conan 15 - $75

Pictures and descriptions will follow. The auctions will end Wednesday night at 8:00 PM EST. Friendly thread crapping is always welcome - any publicity is good publicity.

First up is a fantastic copy of Black Panther 1 in CGC 9.6 with White Pages. Can't go wrong with this book and I'm thinking it still has some legs. No cracks on the case and the description sticker on the top is firmly attached.

IMG_1159_zpsf66c4d7a.jpg

IMG_1160_zps72953c80.jpg

IMG_1162_zpsd7589d0c.jpg

Amazing Spiderman 67 which I bought as a VF/NM and I'd say that is accurate. Nice gloss with a couple lower spine ticks and some blunting on the bottom edge. Very slight dust shadow on the back cover but other than that a nice back.

Spiderman67Front_zps5f935f86.jpg

Spiderman67Back_zps92fc870f.jpg

Last up for auction is a very nice high grade Conan 15 which is tough due to the black cover. I've got it graded as a NM with the biggest defect is a slight pull and micro tear on the bottom staple. The rest of the books is very tight and bleeds gloss and crispness.

Conan15back_zps4c210600.jpg

Conan15Front_zps9ee2812b.jpg

I'll start the festivities with a $15 bid on each of the books.

Thank you very much.

Black Panther 1 - $15

Spiderman 67 - $15

Conan 15 - $15

Last up for auction is a very nice high grade Conan 15 which is tough due to the black cover. I've got it graded as a NM with the biggest defect is a slight pull and micro tear on the bottom staple. The rest of the books is very tight and bleeds gloss and crispness.

Conan15back_zps4c210600.jpg

Conan15Front_zps9ee2812b.jpg

$32

Wow - thanks for all the activity so far. Here is the Tuesday morning standings:

Black Panther 1 - Musicmeta with a bid of $130

ASM 67 - Manicnerd with a bid of $67

Conan 15 - Shadock with a bid of $32

The auctions will end at 8PM EST tomorrow. Good luck guys.

I forgot one last item - Please be able to pay within 24 hours after the auction ends since I'd like to get the books in the mail on Friday. I leave for a 9 day trip out west on Saturday morning so the books will have to wait awhile to ship out if payment is received late. Thanks.