• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED - ALL SOLD! Affordable Pre-Hero Bonanza!

67 posts in this topic

Tales of Suspense 14 VG+

1st Colossus, who made a few appearances along the way in the Marvel Mythos. Looks nicer, but there's a small pinhole in the cover by ol' Colossus's ear. I'm guessing a piercing gone awry. Otherwise great book.

PRICE: $100

TOS_14_front.jpeg

TOS_14_back.jpeg

:takeit:

Tales of Suspense 14 VG+

1st Colossus, who made a few appearances along the way in the Marvel Mythos. Looks nicer, but there's a small pinhole in the cover by ol' Colossus's ear. I'm guessing a piercing gone awry. Otherwise great book.

TOS_14_front.jpeg

TOS_14_back.jpeg

^^

Strange Tales 83 FINE/FINE+

(crease, small tear bottom front cover hard to see on scan)

GROGG!! Very Fin Fang Foom-ish. Between Gargantus, Grogg, and FFF, they pretty much covered the giant reptile market.

Also, if you had fighter jets flying in for a kill, would you be trying to poke a giant monster's ankle with a pitchfork? Just sayin.

ST_83_front.jpeg

ST_83_back.jpeg

GROGG!! Very Fin Fang Foom-ish. Between Gargantus, Grogg, and FFF, they pretty much covered the giant reptile market.

Also, if you had fighter jets flying in for a kill, would you be trying to poke a giant monster's ankle with a pitchfork? Just sayin.

ST_83_front.jpeg

ST_83_back.jpeg

ST_83_front.jpeg

ST_83_back.jpeg

ST_83_front.jpeg

ST_83_back.jpeg

Sorry, PM deal took this -- I was in the process of marking it sold when you posted. I'm sorry! :sorry:

Here's a recap of what's left:

Amazing Adventures 1 $225

Journey Into Mystery 63 $ 45

Journey Into Mystery 69 $60

Journey Into Mystery 70 $65

Strange Tales 82 $20

Strange Tales 96 $45

Strange Tales 98 $50

Journey Into Mystery 70 VG/F

Sandman Prototype!!

Looks nicer, but there is writing inside by a former owner who decided to put his name and address on several of the coupons and ads inside -- apparently he needed help making a man out of Mac...

PRICE: $65

JIM_70_front.jpeg

JIM_70_back.jpeg

I haven't done this in quite a while... :takeit:

[quote=Sharkey

RULES: :rulez:

[*]Post Mr. :takeit: or send me a PM, however, :takeit: trumps PMs.

I apologize upfront for asking this in your sales thread but I don't understand

why Gunsmokin didn't win the book. Per your own stated rules ':takeit: trumps PMs. I applaud the fact that you spelled out the rules upfront but how else can your rule be interpreted so that Gunsmokin did not win ?

Sandman Prototype!!

Looks nicer, but there is writing inside by a former owner who decided to put his name and address on several of the coupons and ads inside -- apparently he needed help making a man out of Mac...

JIM_70_front.jpeg

JIM_70_back.jpeg

:whatthe: Mark! :hi:

Hi Bomber Bob -- I made a deal with someone else via PM. Before I had a chance to get back in the thread and actually mark the book sold, Gunsmokin posted his :takeit:

Again, the deal had been made and it was on me that I didn't get in here soon enough and mark it sold.

:sorry:

[quote=Sharkey

why Gunsmokin didn't win the book. Per your own stated rules ':takeit: trumps PMs. I applaud the fact that you spelled out the rules upfront but how else can your rule be interpreted so that Gunsmokin did not win ?

Sandman Prototype!!

JIM_70_front.jpeg

JIM_70_back.jpeg

^^

Thank you!

Updated!

Here's a recap of what's left:

Amazing Adventures 1 $225

Journey Into Mystery 63 $ 45

Journey Into Mystery 69 $60

Journey Into Mystery 70 $65 SOLD!!

Strange Tales 82 $20

Strange Tales 96 $45

Strange Tales 98 $50

he does have a point!

Hi Bomber Bob -- I made a deal with someone else via PM. Before I had a chance to get back in the thread and actually mark the book sold, Gunsmokin posted his :takeit:

Again, the deal had been made and it was on me that I didn't get in here soon enough and mark it sold.

[quote=Sharkey

he does have a point!

[quote=Sharkey

I think it comes down to intent. I think its obvious that the Seller was typing out the list of books that sold via PM when someone took one of the books. Its terrible bad luck but I think the book should go to the PM buyer since the PM was accepted and the notice was in the process of being posted on the thread. If it was me I'd let the seller off on the issue and just mark it up as very bad timing.

I'll get over it. I was bummed, but not a big deal. Maybe the seller will cut me a sweet heart deal on the AA1 to compensate

he does have a point!

[quote=Sharkey

I think it comes down to intent. I think its obvious that the Seller was typing out the list of books that sold via PM when someone took one of the books. Its terrible bad luck but I think the book should go to the PM buyer since the PM was accepted and the notice was in the process of being posted on the thread. If it was me I'd let the seller off on the issue and just mark it up as very bad timing. :baiting:

Sandman Prototype!!

JIM_70_front.jpeg

JIM_70_back.jpeg

:whatthe: Mark! :hi:

hey Scott :hi: