• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED - ALL SOLD! Affordable Pre-Hero Bonanza!

67 posts in this topic

Strange Tales 82 Beat but Complete reader copy

PRICE: $20

And if this is the only book you buy, we'll work something out on the shipping - it won't be $10.

ST_82_front.jpeg

ST_82_back.jpeg

"The Thing Called 'IT' " is actually one of the best pre-hero bug-eyed-monster stories that Lee and Kirby ever created, and possibly one of the longest. There's your usual twist ending that wraps up the plot in typical fashion, but then there's another twist that ends the story in a completely unique and thought provoking manner.

This issue also has a story that is a total swipe from EC's Weird Science 12 (#1) story, "Lost in the Microcosm". We have to forgive Stan in this case, though, because Bill Gaines, himself, swiped "Lost in the Microcosm" from an even older, classic sci-fi short story, "He Who Shrank", that was first published in 1936.

he does have a point!
Hi Bomber Bob -- I made a deal with someone else via PM. Before I had a chance to get back in the thread and actually mark the book sold, Gunsmokin posted his :takeit:

Again, the deal had been made and it was on me that I didn't get in here soon enough and mark it sold.

:sorry:

[quote=Sharkey

RULES: :rulez:

[*]Post Mr. :takeit: or send me a PM, however, :takeit: trumps PMs.

I apologize upfront for asking this in your sales thread but I don't understand

why Gunsmokin didn't win the book. Per your own stated rules ':takeit: trumps PMs. I applaud the fact that you spelled out the rules upfront but how else can your rule be interpreted so that Gunsmokin did not win ?

I think it comes down to intent. I think its obvious that the Seller was typing out the list of books that sold via PM when someone took one of the books. Its terrible bad luck but I think the book should go to the PM buyer since the PM was accepted and the notice was in the process of being posted on the thread. If it was me I'd let the seller off on the issue and just mark it up as very bad timing.

Thank you and that's the case. (worship)

It was simply a matter of bad timing, and the deal via the PM'er had already been confirmed, and only me and my slow typing is to blame for the screwup. I do feel bad for gunsmokin and sincerely apologized. And am happy to apologize again. It was just bad luck. :foryou: And Gunsmokin, I will make you a nice deal on the AA1 if you are interested in it! I'll PM you.

BomberBob however, seems to be a bit of a rabble rouser :baiting: but I think he meant well in trying to be sure a guy like gunsmokin was getting a fair shake. Bob, I'm in Chicagoland too. I'd be happy to meet up for a beer as I'm not the type to try to pull shenanigans on any boardies like gunsmokin. I've been on these boards for something like 10 years and I sure hope my reputation is solid. I just haven't been very active lately in selling stuff cuz I've been focused on original art, so many of the current regulars may not know me. I was a big pre-hero collector before it was a popular sub-genre.

Sorry I have been absent from the thread but had a dog at the vet all morning to get a tumor removed from his leg. When you own great danes (we have 3 that are rescues) any lump on a joint can be osteosarcoma, which is aggressive and typically bodes poorly for any appreciable survival time. These sales will basically be used to offset the $1,000+ surgery bill we just racked up this morning. So feel free to make me offers on what's left. Although I will say right now that the AA1 is off limits for a while just in case I can work something out with Gunsmokin. :)

Thanks all. Now back to our regularly scheduled Pre-Hero Love. :cloud9::luhv:

And if this is the only book you buy, we'll work something out on the shipping - it won't be $10.

ST_82_front.jpeg

ST_82_back.jpeg

"The Thing Called 'IT' " is actually one of the best pre-hero bug-eyed-monster stories that Lee and Kirby ever created, and possibly one of the longest. There's your usual twist ending that wraps up the plot in typical fashion, but then there's another twist that ends the story in a completely unique and thought provoking manner.

This issue also has a story that is a total swipe from EC's Weird Science 12 (#1) story, "Lost in the Microcosm". We have to forgive Stan in this case, though, because Bill Gaines, himself, swiped "Lost in the Microcosm" from an even older, classic sci-fi short story, "He Who Shrank", that was first published in 1936.

Sir, your knowledge of the genre and your penchant for pre-hero appreciation are quite impressive! :applause:

(thumbs u

Here's a recap of what's left. I need to cover an expensive dog surgery so feel free to make an offer on anything remaining!

Thanks!

Amazing Adventures 1 $225 SOLD!!!

Journey Into Mystery 63 $ 45

Journey Into Mystery 69 $60

Strange Tales 82 $20

Strange Tales 96 $45

Strange Tales 98 $50

BomberBob however, seems to be a bit of a rabble rouser :baiting: but I think he meant well in trying to be sure a guy like gunsmokin was getting a fair shake. Bob, I'm in Chicagoland too. I'd be happy to meet up for a beer as I'm not the type to try to pull shenanigans on any boardies like gunsmokin. I've been on these boards for something like 10 years and I sure hope my reputation is solid. I just haven't been very active lately in selling stuff cuz I've been focused on original art, so many of the current regulars may not know me. I was a big pre-hero collector before it was a popular sub-genre.

:foryou: Perish such thoughts, I never once thought there were shenaningans on your part. In general, I think the Boards need to clarify how a PM deal vs Thread Take It's should play out. There is no consistency. I once lost out on a grail where I was the PM buyer and stepped aside to the Thread buyer. Maybe it still bothers me. I apologize if I appeared to be challenging you. I'll blame it on post Blackhawks depression!

:foryou: Perish such thoughts, I never once thought there were shenaningans on your part. In general, I think the Boards need to clarify how a PM deal vs Thread Take It's should play out. There is no consistency. I once lost out on a grail where I was the PM buyer and stepped aside to the Thread buyer. Maybe it still bothers me. I apologize if I appeared to be challenging you. I'll blame it on post Blackhawks depression!

I hear ya about the Hawks :censored:

:foryou: No worries and in all seriousness, that's one of the things I have always appreciated about the Boards, is how people here watch out for each other.

gunsmokin and I worked out a deal for the AA1 so I think all's good. And I'm keeping an eye out for another ST 83.

Hey, I'll be at Wizardworld (Chicagocon), for those of you partaking in beers!

:banana:

I'm in!

There's always a group of folks hanging together out at various events, including a group that goes to the Ram opening night, the annual sushi night organized by The Watcher, and hopefully there will be an organized dinner at Gibsons by someone.

:headbang:

Hey, I'll be at Wizardworld (Chicagocon), for those of you partaking in beers!

:banana:

I hear ya about the Hawks :censored:

:foryou: No worries and in all seriousness, that's one of the things I have always appreciated about the Boards, is how people here watch out for each other.

gunsmokin and I worked out a deal for the AA1 so I think all's good. And I'm keeping an eye out for another ST 83.

Depressed about the Hawks.....? try being a Sharks fan... this is real depression.

ST_82_front.jpeg

ST_82_back.jpeg

Its a wonderful issue for sure (thumbs u

sorry to hear about your dog steve :sorry:

Thanks. The tumor was in his ankle and at first they thought it was just a fatty tumor but once they took it out they thought it looked suspicious so they sent it out for cytology. Should know for sure in 3-5 days.

Fingers crossed that it's benign!