• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vincent Donofrio is Kingpin in New Daredevil

36 posts in this topic

Good pick he is a great actor, but what happens if he kills it as the Kingpin on TV kinda takes him out of the running for a movie

pssst, the fact that there's a tv show pretty much means they won't make a movie already. Actors gotta take their cash/jobs while they can.

BUT since everyone wants to make their universes cohesive, I would say that Kingpin in a TV show will be the same one that shows up in a movie.

Yeah but if the show has an success you know a movie will be in the works

Good pick he is a great actor, but what happens if he kills it as the Kingpin on TV kinda takes him out of the running for a movie

pssst, the fact that there's a tv show pretty much means they won't make a movie already. Actors gotta take their cash/jobs while they can.

BUT since everyone wants to make their universes cohesive, I would say that Kingpin in a TV show will be the same one that shows up in a movie.

I'm not too sure I agree with this, I can't think of many tv shows that have been spun into movies, I'm not talking about modern remakes of classic tv shows (21 jump street, Charlie's Angels). THe only think popping up recently is Firefly/Serenity, but that was ironically because the TV show was an epic ratings failure, and some kids shows - SpongeBob, Lizzie McGuire?. THey still haven't done an Entourage movie or 24 movie.

On an unrelated note, since FOX owns the media rights to X-Men, wouldn't it be cool to a 24 type show but use 1 (or 2) lesser known X-Men character during each season? I could watch a 12 ep arc on Dazzler, or Kitty Pryde Agent of SHield, or a Young Storm as a pickpocket in Europe or something, or Fantomex, or Archangel

I'm not too sure I agree with this, I can't think of many tv shows that have been spun into movies, I'm not talking about modern remakes of classic tv shows (21 jump street, Charlie's Angels). THe only think popping up recently is Firefly/Serenity, but that was ironically because the TV show was an epic ratings failure, and some kids shows - SpongeBob, Lizzie McGuire?. THey still haven't done an Entourage movie or 24 movie.

On an unrelated note, since FOX owns the media rights to X-Men, wouldn't it be cool to a 24 type show but use 1 (or 2) lesser known X-Men character during each season? I could watch a 12 ep arc on Dazzler, or Kitty Pryde Agent of SHield, or a Young Storm as a pickpocket in Europe or something, or Fantomex, or Archangel

The closest we got to a 24 movie was the two hour special that was made as an in-between story arc between seasons 6 and 7. 24: Redemption

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24:_Redemption

If this 12 episode season pans out, I believe that there may be more Jack Bauer in 2015.

Entourage movie is being filmed right now. there was an article that Pats tight end Rob Gronkowski is going to be in the movie. Sex in the City was pretty succesfull and X files as well.

I see them testing the Waters with Daredevil on netflix. Why would Disney not make a movie now that they have Daredevil back in the fold? Done right it could be another money maker. I just see Marvel/Disney trying to remove the bad taste from everyone's mouth first

I think that's a very nice casting. He's an excellent actor and can play just about anything.

For me, I'll always remember him as Private Pyle as that was just such a standout role. But I also really liked him on Criminal Intent.

My friend just called me to tell me about this casting. He never calls me BUT we make D'Onofrio jokes all the time since he's my friends neighbor and goes to the same gym we do. I told my friend we have to get inside info on which characters will be in the show, so we can hoard issues.

The conversations his step dad has with Vincent and the way they take place are pretty funny and we joke about it all the time. (Some how his step dad has also had Daniel Craig and David Bowie come into the store he works at in the past year). He's usually so disheveled at the gym he's hard to recognize. Someone over heard us talking about him last week. He said he ran over to help some guy struggling on bench and looked down and wasn't sure he was really seeing Private Pyle. If I didn't know he lived in the area I wouldn't have know it was him at the gym.