• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC to announce new solo movies plan at Comicon

50 posts in this topic

Looks like with these announcements, Warner/DC are ensuring their partnerships are solid as well.

Warner Bros. and Mattel Extend Deal for DC Comics, Movies and TV Shows

During its nearly 15-year partnership with WBCP, Mattel has created and delivered a number of successful toy lines that bring the fun, action-packed heroism and excitement of DC Comics' characters to life, including top-of-the-line action figures, vehicles and role play accessories across all DC Comics brands, including tentpole films The Dark Knight Trilogy and the 2013 release of Man of Steel; to the vintage-styled line in support of the 60's BATMAN™ Classic TV Series. Mattel's Batman evergreen lines, Fisher-Price DC Super Friends Imaginext line, Hot Wheels® brand, as well as the multiple DC Comics Super Heroes action figure lines, together illustrate the commitment and success Mattel has had with the DC Comics brand over the years.

Is The Rock's Mystery DC Movie Shazam?

So why am I so confident that this is the role Dwayne Johnson has been hinting at? Well, for starters it's a character he has long since been linked to. A 'Shazam' movie was first spoken of at New Line Cinema (a wing of Warners) in the early 2000s, with Johnson's name attached.

Secondly - consider Johnson's statement on the matter earlier this year, in which he declared the DC character he would portray was "extremely complex," and "well-known but never brought to life," not to mention being "a badass motherf***er... on a Superman level of power."

Thirdly, take Johnson's subsequent elaboration on the matter on Twitter: "Green Lantern (John Stewart) and Black Adam are my fav superheroes, but GL's already been made and stamped."

I love the idea of all of these solo movies but the Shazam movie is really getting me excited. Does anyone else remember the Shazam Saturday morning live action TV show. I think it was a Kroft production? To me that show was ahead of its time and better than the spidey and captain america tv shows produced much later.

ISIS :cloud9:

I love the idea of all of these solo movies but the Shazam movie is really getting me excited. Does anyone else remember the Shazam Saturday morning live action TV show. I think it was a Kroft production? To me that show was ahead of its time and better than the spidey and captain america tv shows produced much later.

I loved those shows as a kid.

Sandman! :wishluck:

Shazam on the list as well.

3008072-0597787040-21545.jpg

:wishluck:

+ 1

This would be so cool, if done right.

Absolutely agree and there are so many different ways that they could go with this and still do right by it. They could throw in the obvious Superman influence with a touch of the Tom Hanks mindset in "Big" (kid getting to experience what it is to be an adult) with a dash of magical or cosmic adventure. It could do very well.

Pair him up with Batman and Superman and you have another Superman who idolizes his peers like a 12 year old but whom to which they (Big Blue and Bats) rely on.

Never mind Lobo, this is where I would like to see Dwayne Johnson come and play. He has the charisma to pull this off.

DC has so much potential. They done a great job with their animated movies, I just hope they are just as successful in their live action.

They need to take everything they did with GL movie and do the opposite (well, except for Blake Lively).

DC has so much potential. They done a great job with their animated movies, I just hope they are just as successful in their live action.

They need to take everything they did with GL movie and do the opposite (well, except for Blake Lively).

I think that was an actual memo

Sandman! :wishluck:

Shazam on the list as well.

3008072-0597787040-21545.jpg

:wishluck:

+ 1

This would be so cool, if done right.

Absolutely agree and there are so many different ways that they could go with this and still do right by it. They could throw in the obvious Superman influence with a touch of the Tom Hanks mindset in "Big" (kid getting to experience what it is to be an adult) with a dash of magical or cosmic adventure. It could do very well.

Pair him up with Batman and Superman and you have another Superman who idolizes his peers like a 12 year old but whom to which they (Big Blue and Bats) rely on.

Never mind Lobo, this is where I would like to see Dwayne Johnson come and play. He has the charisma to pull this off.

And the eyebrow.

lol

The best move DC can make is to give Ben Affleck the role of Batman.

Then they should give him total creative control over the DCMU.

After that they should make him head of Warner Bros.

The only thing that could ice that cake would be Matt Damon as Robin.

609485983.gif

I loved those shows as a kid.

Oh yeah. That Captain Marvel series along with the Origin story to Whiz 1 are indelibly etched into my mind.

The only thing that could ice that cake would be Matt Damon as Robin.

609485983.gif

Matt Damon was born to play Affleck's Boy Wonder.