• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Famous Funnies #215, Jan. 1955 Classic Frazetta cover. G/VG SOLD

10 posts in this topic

Famous Funnies #215, Jan., 1955, Eastern Color Publishing. Seventh in the classic run of eight Famous Funnies covers by Frank Frazetta. (The possible ninth cover, if not for editorial rejection, would have been the famous artwork that ended up being used as the cover for EC's Weird Science-Fantasy #29. But most folks here already know that old chestnut.)

Grades at about G/VG. Complete, unrestored, covers and centerfold well attached at both staples. Multiple creases to the front cover, but still manages to present quite nicely. At some time during the life of the book, the second half of the interior had evidently spent some time being curled forward at the top outside corner. Not folded sharply, just loosely curled over. Sometime later, somebody made an effort to undo the curled corners and flatten out the pages. The book now lays relatively flat, but a greater effort would be required before the residual effect of the curling can be completely removed (but I'm sure it can be). Long story short, this book would benefit from a pressing.

A recent eBay auction of a copy in very similar grade ended at $262. (Item number 201086442535). That copy had slightly better front cover eye appeal, but had a spine split from the bottom staple down to the bottom, including the cover being loose at the bottom staple.

What this copy has over many others I've seen, in all grades, is color. Many copies have begun to lose that deep green background, and are left with a sort of pale, lima bean yellowish-green. This one's still about as colorful as they get.

Asking $225. shipped within the US via expedited Priority Mail. Payment by Paypal only, in this case. Please make payment within 24 hours of purchase.

FamFun215a_zps4cdfd295.jpg

FamFun215b_zps0e3a2bb4.jpg

I was just in your lovely city for a training course. Too bad the twins weren't in town!

Best of luck with the sale...

I was just in your lovely city for a training course. Too bad the twins weren't in town!

Best of luck with the sale...

If you ever plan on living here, you might want to consider a training course in "Winter Preparedness".

Famous Funnies #215, Jan., 1955, Eastern Color Publishing. Seventh in the classic run of eight Famous Funnies covers by Frank Frazetta. (The possible ninth cover, if not for editorial rejection, would have been the famous artwork that ended up being used as the cover for EC's Weird Science-Fantasy #29. But most folks here already know that old chestnut.)

Grades at about G/VG. Complete, unrestored, covers and centerfold well attached at both staples. Multiple creases to the front cover, but still manages to present quite nicely. At some time during the life of the book, the second half of the interior had evidently spent some time being curled forward at the top outside corner. Not folded sharply, just loosely curled over. Sometime later, somebody made an effort to undo the curled corners and flatten out the pages. The book now lays relatively flat, but a greater effort would be required before the residual effect of the curling can be completely removed (but I'm sure it can be). Long story short, this book would benefit from a pressing.

A recent eBay auction of a copy in very similar grade ended at $262. (Item number 201086442535). That copy had slightly better front cover eye appeal, but had a spine split from the bottom staple down to the bottom, including the cover being loose at the bottom staple.

What this copy has over many others I've seen, in all grades, is color. Many copies have begun to lose that deep green background, and are left with a sort of pale, lima bean yellowish-green. This one's still about as colorful as they get.

Asking $225. shipped within the US via expedited Priority Mail. Payment by Paypal only, in this case. Please make payment within 24 hours of purchase.

:takeit:

Didn't think it would stick around. :headbang:

^^^^Chicken Dinnah!

Thank you, sir.

Didn't think it would stick around. :headbang:

^^^^Chicken Dinnah!

Thank you, sir.

:hi:

I've been flirting with getting back to these Frazetta FFs for a long time now, as I've had about half the run at one time or another but foolishly sold them off. Just couldn't resist... very excited. Thanks for making it available on the boards!

Myself, I only have one other Frazetta Famous Funnies... but it's a 213 (the Wally Wood homage), CGC 7.0. My personal favorite of the bunch. I decided, if I continue collecting the others, I should aim for similar grades on all of them.

Thanks again, and good luck with the rest of them.