• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (1989) Appreciation Thread

53 posts in this topic

I just finished Faith (Legends #21-23), about a group of vigilantes who think they are taking on the role of the Batman. The read was decent, I think the story could have been developed more as a five chapter arc, like the previous stories in the title. I liked the development of the relationship between Bruce Wayne and Dr. Leslie Tompkins, an element that held the story IMHO.

P1000926_zps3d6b2344.jpg

That would be cool! I went to the Mile High Comics mega store last Sunday and picked up several Legends issues to fill in some gaps. I'm re-reading the title in order, I'm wondering when the title jumped the shark so to say, I have a few arcs from later in the title, I'll be interested to see how they hold up to the earlier stories of the run.

I finally found LOTDK #15 at a local con over the weekend, the final chapter of Prey. I found the other four issues in 2000, better late than never I guess...

Now that I have finally read Prey, I can say that I enjoyed it and put it up there with one of the top story arcs from Legends. Well worth the wait, now I'll have to get the sequel and read it, a trade I have somewhere...

P1010283_zpsdc27f982.jpg

I remember Legends #10 I believe which was one of my first comics I ever bought. Gothic was the arc but I never read the other ones. I don't know why I haven't started putting together a run myself. I read that book like 10 times and I recall loving it as it was very dark, and kind of creepy.

Not a lot of appreciation going on here . . . ;)

There's some appreciation, just not everyday. I also probably should have started this thread in the more appropriate Copper Thread.

:cool: Notify Mods and ask them to transfer it. :)

There's some appreciation, just not everyday. I also probably should have started this thread in the more appropriate Copper Thread.

One request sent. :cool:

Wow, it's already changed!

(thumbs u (thumbs u All around!

Glad you started this thread! :applause:

Picked up a bunch of these at an auction...had never seen them but the group had

"The Killer Joke" in it which I had always wanted. Happy to see there is some interest

in this series of "Legends". Here's a couple from the group.

15094466409_e801d5676c.jpg

15281234915_f29675ccd3.jpg

mm

I loved this series when it was coming out, have read all issues up to 68 or so I believe, I have issues #1-100 complete and then certain issues after that, which I plan to slowly fill in to get the whole run, which they can be had for a buck a piece at most comic cons, besides the story arcs already mentioned, a few that I enjoyed are "Watchtower" #55--57, "Going Sane" #65-68, "Blink" #156-158.

In picking up where I left off on updating this appreciation thread on what I have read from my collection so far, I left off at Faith so here is Flyer, LOTDK #'s 24-26.

P1010298_zps4c9e6152.jpg

Scripted by Howard Chaykin and art and plot ideas from Gil Kane, this arc features a Gotham cop who was seriously injured in the events of Year One (thanks to the swarm of bats used to aid Batman in his escape). The story and art were decent, very different from the previous story arcs but still decent.

After Flyer, the flow of the series is interrupted with Destroyer on LOTDK #27, part II of a III part cross over, continued from Batman #474 and continued in Detective Comics #641, so I have yet to read LOTDK #27.

The next story arc is Faces, focusing on my favorite Batman villain, Two Face. Written and drawn by Matt Wagner, I enjoyed this one once I got used to the art. I liked how the story ended and would recommend it.

P1010300_zps6a335432.jpg