• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POSITIVE Daredevil reviews...

30 posts in this topic

this reviewer is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person:

Any true fan of the comic knew years ago that it would be much to much to ask of the movie industry to hire Frank Miller, the man who took the comic medium to a whole 'nother level during his run with the series.

One of these days maybe Hollywood will understand ... if you really want to please comic book geeks, hire one of them to write your movie. As it is, Daredevil is loud, corny, dark, and surprisingly violent for a PG-13, and that's good enough, if all you're looking for is a quick entertainment fix.

if i recall, frank miller wrote robocop 2&3 and those moveis weren't so hot.

Did you read the review? The part about no real story, no character arcs, rock video segments, Matrix-like moves, Elektra and DD jumping buildings?

I've read all the reviews and that one kind of put all the other comments into perspective.

I do understand the backlash to the negative reviews; I felt the same way before going to see Phantom Menace. Part of me needed that movie to be great, and I disregarded the negative reviews, "it sucks" comments from co-workers and friends, and lined up after the crazy lines died down.

I walked out of the theatre and thought:

"That movie really sucked".

I have no doubt that many of you will experience the same thing walking out of the theatre after Daredevil.

I think so he hasn't made a movie since 97(Tiger Claws II), but he supposedly works out 2 hours a day every day then does whatever the Chinese equivalent to katas are for another couple hours according to some fansite.- he is the head of some Hong Kong gym association.

He is also about the scariest looking guy ever except for Danny Trejo. Danny Trejo could scare Satan I think .

Sure, but other than some comic-based reviews (obvious motive there), I haven't seen an overtly positive Daredevil review. One that says "must see".

You can hammer on critics all you want, but I have yet to see a "great movie" that didn't have at least some critics singing its praises and telling readers they must see that movie.

Everyone should just relax until they see the movie, or at least until it's been out for a couple of weeks.