• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blade Trinity -- Let the Kudos Begin!!

47 posts in this topic

LXG stunk. It had bad effects, bad -script, bad acting. It barely resembeled Alan Moore's fantastic series, other than the name (what was Tom Sawyer doing there anyway?)

Tom Sawyer was added to there would be an American heroe in the movie to make it more paletable to Americans!

Producers were not sure if they could sell a Movie of only Victorian Heroes.

They were wrong. grin.gif

Well all I know is if you read the second LXG story line they will never make it like that!

Agreed. It wouldn't work. Personally, I hope that Hollywood leaves Alan Moore's stuff alone (Please, No Watchmen Movie). "From Hell" was passable, but only b/c of Depp. Alan Moore's material is too deep and too intricately woven to properly translate onto film.

both blade movies got good reviews with blade 2 getting better reviews.

Yes, but that kind of came down to timing. Blade was really the first popular new comic book movie in a long time and really started up the whole black leather, Matrix look and feel. At that point in time, critics were far harsher on this type of movie but if you asked critics today, 9.9/10 would likely pick the original over the sequel.

First off, I liked both Blade 1 and 2. Ron Perlman was great in the second one, and for my money the vampires with the faces that opened seemed much more worthy an opponent for Wesley Snipes than Stephen Dorff.

Blade 3 wasn't bad. Van Wilder played a good Hannibal King, and the story was loosely based on that Montressi Formula story arc in Dr. Strange, so I had to give that props. Jessica Alba was all right as well, and the trailer for Elecktra made me very happy my girlfriend looks like Jennifer Gardner a little bit...

SPOILER ALERT:

The thing I didn't like was the Dracula guy. Sure he looked Eastern European, but THAT was supposed to be Marvel's Dracula? He looked like any random James Bond villain from the 80's. I think they could have gone a little more traditional for their Draco or whatever they called him, but Marvel is soooo scared of being even a little cheesy that they sometimes pass up opportunities to really make comic fans happy. By the way, Dagon was a Sumerian fish god, and had nothing to do with Dracula.

I also felt that the whole "this is the last in the Blade series" thing was misleading. The ending made everything status quo again, and I doubt very highly that every vampire is now dead.