• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doc Savage rarities, and more!

30 posts in this topic

Been a long time since I sold on these boards. I lurk mostly in the comics sections, and quite active in the WC. For those of you who may not be aware, the WC stands for "Water Cooler" its the section wayyyyyy at the bottom of this forum where we all fight and argue over Global Warming topics and Gun Control issues. Don't hold any of that against me please, I have bought and Sold Tens of thousands of dollars here in the past, and most of the old timers will vouch for me as a reputable buyer and seller. In addition, my Ebay handle is "crawdad1914" 100% feed back red Star seller.

I have some Items I would like to sell. A lot of Doc Savage Items, and various Pulp related stuff, that may be of interest to you guys.

Pricing will include shipping here in the states. I would prefer to not ship International, but would consider it, please PM me prior :)

Paypal, or checks accepted.

First :takeit: secures the deal and trumps all PMs.

Thank you!

First up, First Wave Doc Savage 18 in unread NM condition or better.

This book was produced by Fantom Press, in very limited quantities for the completist who was annoyed he had to read the last issue of this series online. The book was never published, by DC so buy this one and complete your collection.The covers are of heavier paper than was used in the series.

25.00 SOLD

photo 054_zps49664d9f.jpg

photo 055_zpsa1aa11b0.jpg

photo 056_zps37702cff.jpg

Here is a copy of the -script, for the never produced Frank Darabont Doc Savage movie from 2000

The -script runs 123 pages, and is reproduced in its original form.

Ahnold was picked to play the lead in the movie, and thank god it never was made. As a Doc fan, Schwarzenneger in that role would have been a travesty!

35.00 28.00

photo 057_zpsea0d5aa4.jpg

photo 058_zps23873167.jpg

Doc Savage never quite got off the ground as a newspaper strip.

The "Stuttering Skull" Written by Mark Hannerfeld with art by Dave Cockrum, was short lived, and most are not even aware of the attempt.

This book collects what was published in the papers back in 1979, and one more week was added in for this books production by Ron Frenz, and Bob McLeod.

35.00 28.00

photo 059_zps6a941e65.jpg

photo 060_zps939bdbeb.jpg

Current Doc Savage Scribe, put the nix on the fan Fiction Forum of Flea Run, so these books were never available to the Doc Savage fans.

Long story short, these 5 books were produced for a select few in the Doc Savage fan community.

60 copy's of the paperback editions, and 12 copy's of the hardbacks were produced.

This is one of those 12 hardback sets. The books are 6" by 9" with beautifully designed dust jackets. These books are unread, in fantastic condition.

Sold as a set only 260.00 208.00

photo 073_zps0ed2f024.jpg

photo 074_zpsf6695439.jpg

photo 075_zps2f7ede81.jpg

photo 076_zps369047c4.jpg

Taking a break from the Doc stuff.

Mac Raboy's Flash Gordon volumes 1 through 4, complete.

Volume 1 is difficult to come by in this series, and will command a premium when you can find it. hm

Great condition on these books, MOVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Phantom by Lee Falk. The Sunday's

This book is crazy expensive on Amazon right now, 120.00 and on up. I could not find any on Ebay currently.

I am asking what I paid, including shipping. MOVED!!!!!!!

The Forgotten Sea of Mars, a sequel to Lana of Gathol, by Edgar Rice Burroughs, written by a young Michael Resnick, with art by Neal Macdonald, and approved by the ERB estate.

Written for and included to subscribers of ERBdom in issue 12

This is not a reproduction, this is the original copy that came with the Fanzine in 1965.

Very hard to come by an original copy of one of these.

This one is in nice shape.

Info on the book:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCoQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbarsoom.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FThe_Forgotten_Sea_of_Mars&ei=aB-fU5XUC4OgyASZoYLYBQ&usg=AFQjCNG1nYdjF1z12vAo5Dd9WcEdAqjk_Q&bvm=bv.68911936,d.aWw

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.erbzine.com%2Fmag19%2F1931.html&ei=aB-fU5XUC4OgyASZoYLYBQ&usg=AFQjCNElEhEJQedaxTQSA-kRtyLuNdPagw&bvm=bv.68911936,d.aWw

photo 070_zpsc6afa1b6.jpg

photo 071_zpsbfd414bc.jpg

photo 072_zps3d636d96.jpg

Out of print, The collected "Fantasy Fan" A hard bound book, that collects all 18 issues of the original, and first Fanzine dedicated to the fan of Weird Fantasy

Excellent unread condition.

50.00 40.00

A little info on exactly what this Fanzine was all about:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FFantasy_Fan&ei=8COfU9SJDoO1yASC3YHgDQ&usg=AFQjCNGhWbNzxvG1RZ_jnA8Imb1eVfLe3g&bvm=bv.68911936,d.aWw

photo 064_zpsafc58ba4.jpg

photo 065_zps1bb44923.jpg

photo 066_zps304458bb.jpg

k

This book was produced by Fantom Press, in very limited quantities for the completist who was annoyed he had to read the last issue of this series online. The book was never published, by DC so buy this one and complete your collection.The covers are of heavier paper than was used in the series.

hm

I am intrigued.

:takeit:

Another out of print, hand made small press book, by the same guy that printed up the Fantasy Fan book. "Houdini, Under the Pyramids" by HP Lovecraft.

Its a small book 5 and 1/4 inch, by 4 and 1/4 inch.

Like Houdini, you will have to pick the lock to get past the pouch, to get to the book itself. The key to the lock is in a pouch nestled inside the book. ;)

28.00 22.00

The pictures taken are of the lock already "picked" and the item removed I will lock it back up unless you request it not be.

photo 068_zpsbf0e95a2.jpg

photo 069_zps7376898b.jpg

k

hm

I am intrigued.

:takeit:

Thank you!

"Dark Valley Destiny,The Life of Robert E Howard" By L Sprague DeCamp, and Catherine DeCamp. Signed book #367 of 1000 produced.

The book and dust jacket are in great condition, the Slip case is sun faded, but it did its job well in protecting the book.

photo b9a68bad-c24a-4640-b387-462862080941_zpsc029da92.jpg

photo 104_zpsade0526b.jpg

photo 103_zpsdce6494c.jpg

photo 102_zps537a6fc4.jpg

photo 101_zps3fe9657c.jpg

From Dynamite, the first 5 collected Dejah Thoris Trades, and one trade depicting early Mars, Pre- John Carter:

Warlord of Mars Dejah Thoris Colossus of Mars

Warlord of Mars Dejah Thoris Pirate Queen of Mars

Warlord of Mars Dejah Thoris Boora Witch

Warlord of Mars Dejah Thoris Vampire Men of Saturn

Dejah Thoris and the White apes of Mars

Warlord of Mars Fall of Barsoom

Books are in very nice condition VF/NM

45.00 36.00

photo 111_zps2c6e5a54.jpg

photo 108_zps92e4c81f.jpg

Large collection of Doc Savage comics:

Dark Horse Mini, "CURSE OF THE FIRE GOD" 1,2,3,4

Millennium Man of Bronze 1,2,3,4

Millennium Doom Dynasty 1,2

Millennium , Devils Thoughts 1,2,3

Millennium Repel 1

Millennium Manual of Bronze

Millennium Woman of Bronze

(I believe the above was the complete output of Doc Material that Millennium published)

DC Doc Savage Mini 1,2,3,4

DC Doc Savage, complete series 1 through 24

Finally DC Justice inc. full set 1,2,3,4 Along with Doc Savage, Kenneth Robeson also created "The Avenger" this series was DCs attempt at bringing the character to comicdom.

This is not a set to pull high grade books out of, its a decent respectable above average reading set. Fine to Very Fine average.

45.00 36.00

photo 082_zpsbd4945fd.jpg

photo 081_zpsd96973e0.jpg

photo 080_zps156ce502.jpg

photo 079_zps60d57d1e.jpg

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc Savage, The Man of Bronze, Fantom Press Signature Series #91 of 100

This trade, collects Marvel's Doc series from the 70s, all 8 issues.

Fantom Press commissioned this Edition with the Contributor signature plate on the inside front cover

Signatures include:

Rich Buckler

Tom Palmer

Ernie Chan

Steve Englehart

Tony Issabella

Roy Thomas

Book is unread in NM condition

photo 088_zps6f282860.jpg

photo 087_zps4afcaf1d.jpg

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

Showcase presents Doc Savage Fantom Press Signature Series #104 of 115

Collects all 8 issues of Doc Savage Magazine from the 70s

Fantom Press commissioned this edition, and the signature plate affixed to the inner front cover include:

Tony Dezuniga

Val Mayerik

Ernie Chan

Doug Moench

Book is in unread NM condition

photo 086_zps2a7df461.jpg

photo 085_zps806215c1.jpg

Writings in Bronze Fantom Press Signature Series #48 of 50

Signatures include Will Murray and Kez Wilson

Will Murray is the current Doc Scribe using the Pen name Kenneth Robeson for the current Doc Savage books being published.

This book collects all Will's articles from Past Fanzines.

Hardbound, unread in great condition.

50.00 40.00

photo 096_zpsafc18b22.jpg

photo 095_zps83bb0241.jpg

photo 094_zps750b4dca.jpg

photo 093_zpsc5883d15.jpg