• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

George RR Martin wrote Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1963

33 posts in this topic

Wow! Imagine if George RR Martin ever decided to write the Fantastic Four now?

Maybe, that`s what the Fantastic Four would need for their upcoming reboot?

He has books to write. No time to write comic books and/or movies.

Yep. There is genuine worry the show will outpace the books.

It's probably more of a fact than a worry. It took him 6 years to get A Dance With Dragons published after A Feast for Crows. And he looks pretty old at 65. Hopefully he finishes the story out, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

i am torn about reading the books now that i am absolutely addicted to the show, but i would like to know some of the back story that is being left out of the show. it's weird reading a book when you kind of know what is going to happen more or less, i don't know if i can do it for 1500 pages X 3 or 4.

It's worth it. They read fast and are engrossing. I tore through them in a few months, and that was slow compared to some people. But yeah, really great stories. Also, how else can you join the ranks of fans who are irritably waiting for the final book?

HBO already released a statement that in case Martin dies they will have the Lords of Light bring him back to life

I'm sure that HBO will only be trying to make us feel bad when they announce Martin has died, and he'll be fit and well by the next announcement.

i am torn about reading the books now that i am absolutely addicted to the show, but i would like to know some of the back story that is being left out of the show. it's weird reading a book when you kind of know what is going to happen more or less, i don't know if i can do it for 1500 pages X 3 or 4.

There is a TON of awesome back story omitted from the TV show. Details of Robert's rebellion, prophecies that hint at what's coming in the last 2 (or 3 books), more fleshed out motivations that better explain character actions (i.e. Tyrion has a much better reason for what he did at the end of the S4 finale), etc.

Well worth reading.

Wow! Imagine if George RR Martin ever decided to write the Fantastic Four now?

Maybe, that`s what the Fantastic Four would need for their upcoming reboot?

He would kill everyone.

+1

Or...

What 'Fantastic Four'?!

Maybe the 'Fantastic Man' (or Woman) as three of the FF get their heads lopped off in the first issue.

One of my little birds in the publishing industry told me that his original editor flew out to New Mexico about a year and a half ago to help George "prioritize" his calendar. (thumbs u

did the little bird have 3 eyes? (shrug)

Man, that would inspire me to go get the back issue pretty fast! What an endorsement from a fan.

wonder what a 9.8 signed by Martin and Stan Lee would get??

FF aint my bag but if that book pops up that would be super cool one of a kind

One of my little birds in the publishing industry told me that his original editor flew out to New Mexico about a year and a half ago to help George "prioritize" his calendar. (thumbs u
A recent article I read had a statement by his editor that his next book is nearly complete, and half of it has already been submitted.

A recent article I read had a statement by his editor that his next book is nearly complete, and half of it has already been submitted.

:applause: