• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much should I ask for a UPS claim?

7 posts in this topic

Don't use UPS for anything fragile.

They hire mostly minimum wage temps to handle packages at processing centers and you get what you pay for.

Most especially in the Summer (temp seasonal work for college kids)

I had a manager years ago tell me never to mark anything fragile when I shipped with them.

He said I quote: " The boys will consider it a challenge. "

:tonofbricks:

When I received a cracked slab, I took screen-shots of CGC's fees for reholdering, but extra for shipping costs. I asked for $50 for a book insured for $175 and received a check a couple weeks later, no questions asked.

When I received a cracked slab, I took screen-shots of CGC's fees for reholdering, but extra for shipping costs. I asked for $50 for a book insured for $175 and received a check a couple weeks later, no questions asked.

You did this via the Internets?

You did this via the Internets?

I just realized you were asking about UPS. My claim was with USPS. I did it online through their website. I'm not sure how much different UPS is when claiming insurance.