• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick Fury...anyone...anyone?

24 posts in this topic

I am truly exhausted looking for Nick Fury #'s 9 & 13 in 9.4 or better w/out cream pages. I've never even seen copies of these two issues raw that could qualify as 9.2. If anyone is willing to part with either (or both if you have them), I'll pay silly prices...or...as a mint-freak, I only own cgc 9.4s or better and would be more than willing to trade some high grade silver books I've collected over the years. PM me if you have either of these Fury's in 9.4 and I'll send a list of the books I'd be willing to part with in trade.

Thanks everyone!

I thought I'd piggyback on this thread ...

I'm looking for Nick Fury vs. S.H.I.E.L.D., the 1988 six-issue

series.

I'm looking for both issues #1 and #6, slabbed in 9.8 condition.

They're only 16 years old -- there's gotta be some out there!!!

Will pay (sort of) silly money for either issue.

thanks,

gozer

----------------------------

Welcome swappers! To the Springfield swap meet!

Ich bin ein Springfield swap meet patron!

I mentioned this once before in another thread, but it got glossed over, as Nick Fury is not mainstream enough around here. frustrated.gif

I have been looking for a #9 in 9.4 for about 4 years also. insane.gif I think someone told me once there was a production error at the bottom staple that keep these books out of 9.4. I do have a 9.2 filling the slot. I would take one with CTOW in a heartbeat if everything else looked OK.

I do have a 13 in 9.4, but sorry, I cannot part with it.

I wish you the best on finding both. If you ever do, please post them.

Looks like it's going to get crazy on eBay if a 9.4 Nick Fury #9 ever shows up! laugh.gif

Seriously, I've been looking for the same two books in at least the same condition as you for just shy of a few years myself. Finally got a #10 to fill the 9.4+ slot and "settled" for a 9.2 #9 and 9.0 #13 (all nice looking Winnipeg copies).

The census numbers for these issues have to increase some time. Anyway, good luck in the hunt!

I have a feeling that there will be a serious bidding war indeed if either book shows up...may the person who throws the most cash towards either win! I hope Mr. Serpico isn't looking for one (unlikely)...I'd have to get a second mortgage on my house...!

baklo, can you post a scan of that 9.2 #9? If you are unable or unwilling to do so, is the lower staple 'jacked up' in any way? Every copy I've ever seen or owned has had what appears to be a pulled lower staple as suggested by ShieldAgent?

BTW, nice avatar...

Thats interesting, it could be that not many people think that Nick Fury 9 is slab worthy 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I mean this series is notorious almost for being easy to find in high grade, I have 4 copies of #9 myself - might be time to slab one 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I would still suggest looking into raw copies, they do not seem to be hard to find I have seen multiple copies of this book in HG at every show Ive been to in the last 3 years, of course thats not many of them.

I'm just linking to the Pedigree Comics site, which is where I purchased the book. Yes, yes, I know $150 is rather high, but it's a nice copy of a book I've been seeking for a long time:

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=1136

Please let me know if you can't access that page and I'll post a scan of the book.

You should certainly slab any worthy copies of #9 (and #13 for that matter) you have!!! And sell them to me! grin.gif

The series is pretty available in high grade except for 9, 10, and 13, which rarely (for 9 and 13, never, it seems) seem to be offered publicly in 9.4 ow and above. In the census, there's only 1 9.4 and 1 9.6 of #9, 3 9.4's and 1 9.6 of #10, and 2 9.4's of #13. I'm sure the books are out there--just begging for a slabbed home.

Here are some that I have (I obviously love the Fury series!):

http://www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/set_detail.asp?PeopleSetID=625

I sold my 9.6 #7 a while ago and wish I had it back! D'oh!

I'm just linking to the Pedigree Comics site, which is where I purchased the book. Yes, yes, I know $150 is rather high, but it's a nice copy of a book I've been seeking for a long time:

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=1136

Please let me know if you can't access that page and I'll post a scan of the book.

Nice book but thats a pretty steep price, I guess its a Pedigree, but you could nab a 1 for that price, still but what you love. I still hold to the opinion that there are an abundance of HG raw copies out there. I guess if you don't trust your grading skills, already slabbed is the way to go.

Steep price, yep. First and only 9.2 I've purchased. I love the cover (although the story just doesn't live up to it!). I was waiting for Doug to list those books that night, one by one, and I've been known to have a hair trigger... smirk.gif

It's not that I don't trust my grading skills. I just don't travel to conventions and the hassle of having to return overgraded raw books via mail to sellers is a cost in itself that makes paying a little extra for exactly what I want worth it. I dealt with many years of getting books I wasn't quite satisfied with until CGC came along. Not that I haven't seen books overgraded by them, but it's been much less frequent in my experience.

I fully agree about the HG raw copies out there, and if I run across a well-graded one, I may snap it up, but finding them isn't the easiest thing. The non-Steranko issues just aren't in as much demand and don't seem to be offered as often.

Maybe some others holding on to HG copies will read this and offer them up! wink.gif

jbud73,

Have you ever seen this issue in HG (9.4-worthy) at shows? The ones on ebay advertised from time to time as NM barely appear capable of representing cgc's VF/NM standards. If this book really shows up at conventions, I need to take a trip to Chicago's next big show. I haven't bought a book somewhere other than the internet since 2001 (convenience). I wish the 'MH II collection' had a plethora of this issue in HG.

I snagged it. That book's a beaut. cloud9.gif

Anybody want to buy the 9.2 Winnipeg copy?

hail.gif

Congrats!--All we want is a 9.4, and a 9.8 shows up. Do you have the whole set in 9.4 and above now?

I guess I will have my 9.2 for a very long time. yeahok.gif

Thanks! This is what I've got so far:

http://www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/set_detail.asp?PeopleSetID=625

I started selling my run off last year, but, after getting rid of my #1 9.6 Boston copy and a couple others, realized that was crazy, so I started rebuilding.

I'm hoping to add new, full scans of everything today...

Still looking for 13 and 16-18 in 9.4 off-white or better...