• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seeking some advice on what to buy

12 posts in this topic

Hi all.

I was having some difficulty deciding what to buy myself for christmas. The choices are:

1. Amazing Spiderman Comics - a good run pre 100. The condition on this lot isnt great, 3-5.0 but it fills many holes in my current collection.

2. Xmen run from late 90's up. These are fine to VF+ condition.

I cant buy both ( would like to, but cant )

Xmens more desireable based on condition, but IMHO Amazing Spidermans will always retain there value, and since they older comics will appreciate moreso than the newer Xmens.

Any opinions?

Thanks for the advice all.

Artboy99

Hi all.

I was having some difficulty deciding what to buy myself for christmas. The choices are:

1. Amazing Spiderman Comics - a good run pre 100. The condition on this lot isnt great, 3-5.0 but it fills many holes in my current collection.

2. Xmen run from late 90's up. These are fine to VF+ condition.

I cant buy both ( would like to, but cant )

Xmens more desireable based on condition, but IMHO Amazing Spidermans will always retain there value, and since they older comics will appreciate moreso than the newer Xmens.

Any opinions?

Thanks for the advice all.

Artboy99

How in the world is a good run of pre-100 Spideys worth the same as an X-men run from the late 90's up in fine to VF+ condition? Those X-men are quarter bin fodder in that grade, and even in lower grade the Spideys should go for a couple bucks apiece.

The Spideys are good reads, whereas the X-men are likely incomplete reads unless you're getting all the x-titles, crossover storyline books, etc.,.

Go for the Spideys... headbang.gif

Oops! I can se how you misinterpret that.

The Xmen run is from issue 97 up. Not 1990's up but rather the issues with the "new Uncanny X-men" 25 cent to 50 cent covers all in Fine to VF+ condition.

If I choose based on dollars the Xmen are worth more money based on condition.

Thanks all for the advice. I am personally leaning towards the Spidermans as I already have a significant chunk of Spideys and the run I am looking at is good filler for my collection ( I have none of the books offered, so it is like the collection has my name on it! ).

Just for the record: The X-mens are a far better read IMHO. The 1960's spidermans do have their charm, but in the end the artwork and the writing is far better in the 1970's 1980's.

smile.gif

Artboy99

Oops! I can se how you misinterpret that.

The Xmen run is from issue 97 up. Not 1990's up but rather the issues with the "new Uncanny X-men" 25 cent to 50 cent covers all in Fine to VF+ condition.

If I choose based on dollars the Xmen are worth more money based on condition.

Thanks all for the advice. I am personally leaning towards the Spidermans as I already have a significant chunk of Spideys and the run I am looking at is good filler for my collection ( I have none of the books offered, so it is like the collection has my name on it! ).

Just for the record: The X-mens are a far better read IMHO. The 1960's spidermans do have their charm, but in the end the artwork and the writing is far better in the 1970's 1980's.

smile.gif

Artboy99

27_laughing.gif

Ok...yeah, scratch the good read comment as the run of X-men from about 100 to 140 make for great reading!

smile.gif

Artboy99

WHAT? Don't let these fools on here brainwash you. 893naughty-thumb.giftongue.gif

How can ANY art possibly be better than Ditko and Romita Spider-Man????confused-smiley-013.gifacclaim.gif