• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed...thanks everyone...

43 posts in this topic

Thanks everybody...

I get the gist...1.0 to 2.0 .....way to much of a swing to help much...but thanks.

I am sure we could all find issues that look better or worse than mine that have been graded 1.0 t0 perhaps even 2.5.......that is why I through Overstreet into the mix. Obviously it means nothing. CGC is supposed to grade by O standards...and based on those standards the book could never be a 1.0, and probably not a 1.5.

The least this book, in my estimation should fair is a 1.8 and I probably should send out.

However, based on what I see in GPA...1.8 vs 2.0 and even a 1.5 does not seem to change the buy price much.

Visually this book has some pluses that I imagine a buyer (like myself) cannot ignore....that being bold colors, no tape, not brittle, no pieces missing and no color touch up or glue and no Marvel chipping. Sure it has some issues...but to knock it down from a 10 all the way to 1 seems a little heavy handed.

It does not matter if I change your mind or we agree...just stating my case.

I am not sure how the new grading service would grade this item..and PGX would probably call it a 3.0 ;) Guess that is why third party grading is so popular...hard to get a consensus...and that is why the benefit.

May post next week..if someone wins they can consider pressing or having it graded.

I think it a decent, more affordable copy for the price I will put on it...

Thanks again for your participation. Joe

Joe,

This is not a SALES forum.

-d