• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Munchkin comic book by Boom! Studios

17 posts in this topic

Still haven't had time to figure out the game :(. Comic should be interesting.

its actually quite easy, I have taught quite a few people to play over the years. my wife and I often will bring it to board game nights with people who are very much not into nerd type games, and they always end up loving it and buying it for themselves.

I basically described it as, the took RPG Video games/Dungeons and Dragons type game, and made it so simple anyone can play it, and then made it funny and hyper competitive.

I would suggest just jumping in and playing a round with people who know how to play. The first few turns you will be lost, but you will pick it up very quickly.

Other than that, dont try and be in first place as everyone will pound you. Stay in second until someone tries to go for the win. Then once everyone wastes their cards stopping the first person, make your move ;)

Still haven't had time to figure out the game :(. Comic should be interesting.

its actually quite easy, I have taught quite a few people to play over the years. my wife and I often will bring it to board game nights with people who are very much not into nerd type games, and they always end up loving it and buying it for themselves.

I basically described it as, the took RPG Video games/Dungeons and Dragons type game, and made it so simple anyone can play it, and then made it funny and hyper competitive.

I would suggest just jumping in and playing a round with people who know how to play. The first few turns you will be lost, but you will pick it up very quickly.

Other than that, dont try and be in first place as everyone will pound you. Stay in second until someone tries to go for the win. Then once everyone wastes their cards stopping the first person, make your move ;)

Thx for the info. Unfortunately I dont know anyone that plays the game. I think I'll check out some videos on youtube to try and learn it

basically, imagine an rpg video game where there is only 2 stats, and they are both just numbers

You have your Level 1-10 (you win at 10)

And your Equipment (Armor and Weapons all the same)

You beat monsters by adding those two numbers together, and it being bigger than the monsters number (its level)

its that easy

the chaos ensues because people can screw you over by boosting the monsters level, and then you need to convince other players to be your allies and to fight with you (adding there number to yours)

Its all about convincing people to help, and screwing your friends over, its a lot of fun.

Munchkin looks complex on its surface but is pretty easy. You figure it out after a single play through.

I love it. My family plays it when we have get togethers after they begrudgingly agreed to playing it the 1st time I asked them too.

It's a blood lust once everyones about to win though. Friendships will be broken.