• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1950s Sci-Fi & Horror Comics For Sale! Ditko & More!

32 posts in this topic

Just a heads up my next offering should be a small group of horror & misc mags including

Eerie Publications(Weird 1, 3, Tales of Voodoo), Eerie Tales 1, Weird Mysteries 1, Creepy(1, others), Eerie, Comix International, Vampirella (2,11,12), Scream, Nightmare plus more!

Just a heads up my next offering should be a small group of horror & misc mags including

Eerie Publications(Weird 1, 3, Tales of Voodoo), Eerie Tales 1, Weird Mysteries 1, Creepy(1, others), Eerie, Comix International, Vampirella (2,11,12), Scream, Nightmare plus more!

ETA :taptaptap:

Strange Adventures #2 VG-/VG $120 cream to offwhite pages, slight spine roll, upper corner is there(bent just a bit out of sight), two small pieces off right edge, solid, great cover!

15808.jpg

Back Cover

Sold via PM to the guy on his cellphone!

ETA :taptaptap:

Shooting for Saturday, will start prepping them for thread tomorrow.

I loved both of those Space Adventures covers. Seeing them for the first time here, even though I've been collecting GA for many years. (I never did "cheat" by buying the Photo Journal Guides... I wanted to discover the GA books the old fashioned way... one at a time. That way, I'm still constantly amazed and surprised by new discoveries all the time.)

I loved both of those Space Adventures covers. Seeing them for the first time here, even though I've been collecting GA for many years. (I never did "cheat" by buying the Photo Journal Guides... I wanted to discover the GA books the old fashioned way... one at a time. That way, I'm still constantly amazed and surprised by new discoveries all the time.)

I get the fun and excitement of discovering new books but you should do yourself a favor and buy the Photo Journal Guides. I look through them once or twice a year and there always seems to be something I missed. Seeing the covers in the journals doesn't diminish the pleasure of seeing the actual books. They are a fantastic investment if you love golden age books.

Ken

I get the fun and excitement of discovering new books but you should do yourself a favor and buy the Photo Journal Guides. I look through them once or twice a year and there always seems to be something I missed. Seeing the covers in the journals doesn't diminish the pleasure of seeing the actual books. They are a fantastic investment if you love golden age books.

Ken

+1, it's not cheating at all. Just a slightly different kind of discovery.

Ken

+1, it's not cheating at all. Just a slightly different kind of discovery.

I suppose you're right. And in many ways, I've been "cheating" all along... paging through the photos in each new Overstreet Price Guide as it came out, since 1977... illustrated catalogs... the Comic Book Marketplace... even eBay... have all been responsible for my seeing GA books for the first time.

I just never wanted to feel like there was nothing new left to discover. After all these years, I've probably already discovered all but the most obscure and HTF GA books there are. Maybe the time for the Gerber guides is just about right.

Gerber Guides don't have covers for entire runs of every title. There'll still be undiscovered gems to find, or even covers you may have seen in the Guide and forgotten about. Plus the photos are tiny; they'll only whet your appetite for the real thing!