• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guidelines for adding issues to a set?

3 posts in this topic

I am new to collecting and I am curious as to what would constitute the addition of a comic to a set.

Specifically I am collecting Angela comics. So far the only comics in the set are the mini series and 2 rando angela/glory issues.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=1716

Would a character first appearance constitute an addition to the set even if it is in another series? IE adding Spawn # 9 to the angela set since it is her first appearance?

Would being on the cover of an issue and being in the issue constitute an addition?

For example Age of Ultron 10 with Angelas first appearance in the Marvel universe?

I need to clean this up.

Would the following constitute an addition to a set

1. Being on the cover of an issue not named for the character of the set

2. Being in the issue of another series not named after the character of the set

3. Important issues in other sets IE, first appearance, death, origin

4. What about crossover with another universe(marvel/image)?

Anyways I am collecting everything Angela, and my list of books not currently in the set is long and I would like to have a "set" that I can put them in. What would you suggest?

Thanks for helping.

For the most part, sets that are identified as "Title of the Comic (COMPLETE)" will include the items you're talking about, but those that are just a specific run, like "Title of the Comic (2004)" will be just that comic and no crossovers. There are no restrictions as to the company, ie Marvel/Image, because there are sets like "Neal Adams Covers" that have books from multiple publishers.

The current Angela set appears to be open to books beyond the original 3-issue mini, so you can suggest in the "Registry Set Expansion" thread what books you want to add and why. It'll take a while to happen because of the backlog of Registry work, but unless it gets shouted down by the other Angela collectors it should happen eventually. I see no reason why Spawn 9, Curse of Spawn issues with her origin, etc shouldn't be in there.