• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grail Art?

118 posts in this topic

Thats very sweet,

recently I started screwing around with Prismacolor Markers with some of my drawings, heres one I finished a little while ago

1.jpg

She needs more rips.

And less costume.

893applaud-thumb.gifdevil.gif

She needs more rips.

And less costume.

893applaud-thumb.gifdevil.gif

Balen'ts doing Tarot now,, that looks like it has a lot less costume involved 27_laughing.gif (link= not safe for work)

You know, maybe I'm just old, but that's just silly. Pneumatic boobs bigger than my head. Give me a break.

You know, maybe I'm just old, but that's just silly. Pneumatic boobs bigger than my head. Give me a break.

Balent? Silly? Never!

Actually, I'm with you, I've never been a fan of his stuff. Some people eat it up though. confused-smiley-013.gif

Quite a few others exist, but I'm not an expert. I do know that the #11 and the #28 sold a year or so ago as a pair. I'm sure Spider9698 would know more. If he doesn't respond, then I'll ask someone else who I'm sure knows the answer.

Thanks Hari, that would be great. thumbsup2.gif

Hi,

I just received the Wrightson Frankenstein Plate I've been eagerly waiting for. This is the depiction of the climax of the book, where Dr. Frankenstein finds his love Elizabeth dead in their bedroom..... on their wedding night, as promised.

A stunning example by Wrightson, with amazing detail without fault. Exquisite cross-hatching, and fine details in the background, with a perfect utilization of light and dark. How he was able to do this is a mystery to me. He himself even states today that he can't or won't do this type of work again.

Enjoy!

frankenstein2.jpg

Hi,

I just received the Wrightson Frankenstein Plate I've been eagerly waiting for. This is the depiction of the climax of the book, where Dr. Frankenstein finds his love Elizabeth dead in their bedroom..... on their wedding night, as promised.

A stunning example by Wrightson, with amazing detail without fault. Exquisite cross-hatching, and fine details in the background, with a perfect utilization of light and dark. How he was able to do this is a mystery to me. He himself even states today that he can't or won't do this type of work again.

Enjoy!

893applaud-thumb.gif

I was just looking at it off of your comicart-l post. Amazing. A very dramatic plate.

One question, is the art cleanor is there white opaque evident? With work that precise I'm curious how often he had to clean up after himself.

With work that precise I'm curious how often he had to clean up after himself.

That's just it, though!! I keep looking at it, and there is NO, absolutely NO white-out. I really can't believe it. When I first got the scan, I thought maybe some of the white dots are made by white out, but NO. The white is all made up of the fine cross-hatching, which spares areas of the board and results in white dots. It really is amazing, and I can only image how much time it took him to make each of thes plates.

I really wish I can meet him in person some day just to show it to him and ask him about them.

Of course, even $12k is very expensive for a plate.

Yeah, these plates have definitely risen in price, I suppose the "average" ones (if any can be called such) have not risen in value as much. Let's just say, though, that I wish I got this one for anywhere near 12K.....

I was at a workshop panel with Wrightson at the Savannah College of Art & Design in '93, and one of the students asked him if in Frankenstein he used scratchboard to get all the white lines on the blacker area. Berni looked stunned for a minute and was silent, then said "I never really even thought of that!" He could have saved himself immense work and I think he realized that right at that moment!