• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timely: Marvel Mystery Comics #71 CGC Slabbed: CLOSED - Off to ebay

10 posts in this topic

The good news! My wife got accepted to Graduate School and starts in the Fall!!! The bad news! We just went from a two income family to just mine!!! So... Time to pare down a few things, generate a few dollars, and focus. So, I have three Golden Age comics that are never going to fit in anywhere else in my collection that I am going to have to part with. So, I offer them up here first before I try ebay or clink.

Usual rules apply. First "I'll take it" trumps anything else. No Probies, HOSers, etc.

I will accept check or paypal. Checks must clear before shipping. Add $10 for shipping. I will combine shipping if you take more than one.

First up is a wonderful comic from 1944, Leading Comics #12. This is a universal 8.0, the highest ever graded for this particular issue. I am pricing this at $200. A highest ever graded DC superhero comic from 1944 for $200? Yep!

UPDATE: LEADING COMICS #12 IS SOLD!!!!!

<a  href=LeadingComics12.jpg' alt='LeadingComics1

My second book is also from DC. It is All-Flash #23 from 1946. It is a very nice universal 6.5. This is a great chance to pick up a nice major superhero book with a classic cover for a great price.UPDATE: SOLD!!!!!!!!

<a  href=allflash23.jpg' alt='allflash23.jpg'>

The third comic I have to offer is a Timely classic, Marvel Mystery Comics #71 from 1946. This has a fantastic Schomburg Human Torch and Toro cover and is CGC graded universal 4.0 Off-White pages. I hate to part with this book most of all, but as a school teacher supporting the whole family, I don't see any way of building around this book. I am offering this at $425. Thanks for looking at my books. LOWER THIS PRICE TO 400!!!

OK, ONE LAST REDUCTION: $350!!!

$350 for this vintage gem is a steal and you know it! Take it now!!!

<a  href=0204141920571.jpg' alt='0204141920571.jp

Sold two of my three books. One last book to sell. I've SLASHED the price to $350. This is my last reduction. After this I will regretably bring it to ebay and take my chances. I'd much rather sell it to one of you fine folks. Let's make it happen tonight!!!