• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRE HERO, Marvel Tales and Strange Tales, some raw, some are highest

27 posts in this topic

I don't really collect these, so I know very little about them. I know they are scarce and going up, but there is little info I can find. I've owned most of them for more than 12 years.

I did consult a few people and I am following their advice, so I might be pricing a little higher than I normally would...so if I'm completely off the wall;) PM me and let me know.

First :takeit: on the boards or in a PM wins.

a :takeit: trumps all other negotiations.

Priority boxed shipping in the US is free. I will gladly ship elsewhere, but shipping is at my cost - $10.

Any shipping over for an item over $250, must include a signature to be covered for my insurance, even if it's out of the US.

I pay for private insurance and that's included as well as tracking.

I accept Paypal, MO's, checks and possibly granite countertops;)

I will accept time payments. 20% non refundable downpayment due within 7 days, after that you have till the August 20th to pay.

No HOS or Probies please.

The CGC books were pressed by JoeyPost, the others have not been pressed.

I'm going to list the raw books first.

Marvel Tales #119, Zombie cover;) very small chip off lower right. VG- maybe VG (4.0) These are scarce, there is one copy listed on Metro for $115, bin on this one is $75

Sold to slugshots

marveltales119_0001.jpg

marveltales119_0002.jpg

That looks like the guy from Horrific #3!

OK !

Ummm...who is the guy from Horrific 3?

This guy:

1082710-horrific_3.jpg

Looks like he's had a rough time in the pre-code days.

GLWTS, though - these are really sweet and scarce. The best kind of pre-codes!

Strange Tales Annual, the first Marvel Annual. This book is in Gd/VG condition. (3.0) there is a spine split lower left, and creasing a little foxing (the scan makes it look worse) and some marvel chipping lower right. I think the creasing can be removed, but I’m no expert. Bin $75 now $70 shipped in the US

strangetalesannual1_0001.jpg

strangetalesannual1_0002.jpg

Last but not least.

Strange Tales #46, Tied for highest graded copy at 6.5 C/OW. One sold last year for $448 and there are no other sales to compare it to. I'm , asking $450 and yes, I know they are going up, but I bought this raw a while ago. Sold to Fantasyland15

strangetales460001.jpg

strangetales460002.jpg

Thank you both:)

Horror books scared the heck out of me when I was a kid, but I wound up with some anyway...

Actually Romance books scared me more, I only have one of those;)

romance...horror....its just a matter of perspective.

Thank you both:)

Horror books scared the heck out of me when I was a kid, but I wound up with some anyway...

Actually Romance books scared me more, I only have one of those;)

romance...horror....its just a matter of perspective.

lol:foryou: