• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ok, I saw Daredevil

57 posts in this topic

Saw the movie and as on many occasions, I am left wondering how anyone could think this was a bad movie. At first, I thought, yeah well I do read comics, but my 15 year old kid (who doesn't) said he liked it better than Spiderman and my wife agreed. The way she was grabbing my arm throughout many of the action scenes made me think I was watching a horror movie with her. Lets just say she was at the edge of her seat for most of the show. smirk.gif

Early on in the movie it struck me that at one time it was impossible to duplicate what happens in a comic book. Now, with what they are able to do with special effects, amazingly they are able to put something on the silver screen that you couldn't possibly duplicate in a comic book. I don't want to give anything away so I won't talk any more about it at this time.

The movie itself had a more mature theme to it than Spiderman had and my wife and kid both agreed that was the main reason they enjoyed it more.

IMPORTANT: Stay after the credits start rolling DO NOT LEAVE.

Great ride.

sounds like you had a great family outing! smile.gif as for the not leaving the movie when credits are rolling, i know what happens. blush.gif i usually leave right after the movie, and in doing so, i missed the spider-man 60's theme song in THX! mad.giffrown.gif

Nice post.

People shouldn't believe the hype, good or bad. The only way to judge is to just see the damn thing, like you have. Personally, I saw an action clip on Leno yesterday, and was pretty impressed.

Good to here. Thanks for not letting too much slip.

I have not seen Daredevil yet, but most the reviews have not been great.I am looking forward to the movie. CNN reviewed the movie last night and said that it's not another Spider-Man, it is dark and an OK movie. Hopefully those of you who have seen the movie can comment on this review.

I too saw the movie last night. A quick thank you to Mike Carbonara who gave me the tickets at the last con!

First, if you enjoy comic books you just have to see this movie. it was by far much darker than Spider-Man and more for a mature audience, but that doesn't mean it wasn't enjoyable. It was actually a touch darker than 1989 Batman IMO, but darker in a different way.

It wasn't exactly true to the comic books (IMO) with the most noticeable change for the worse being the Kingpin. He looked more like a pimp than the Kingpin. One thing I always liked about Fisk in the comic is that he was elegant and reserved always with a touch of class. Not so here.

Bullseye was a bit different from the comic (note: when i say comic I mean the Miller stuff - I have yet to read any of the new DD books) but I like the spin they put on him.

Foggy was played tremendously well by the guy from swingers (not vince vaugn).

Some other good fun scenes were

a - Stan Lee's cameo

b - all the boxer refferences to Daredevil patriarchs

And yes, don't leave till they turn the lights on in the theater. You will be glad that you stayed!! : grin:

AK, just got on this morning and wow! SWEEEET avatar...as for the sig, Old thing come back as new. I believe we were on this path before you came on the board and then a few members (coinees?) got a bit upset and chastised me for my choice of avatar. But I haven't seen them around so all bets are off.

I got tix tonight for DD and will go see it with the Wife as part of the Valentine's Weekend package. I'll see what she thinks as she is not into comics at all but enjoys good movies like X-Men, LOTR, Spiderman, Matrix, most of what I like.

"Gotta watch from my daughters name to roll by on screen."

That's why I enjoy the credits also. I have a couple of friends that do behind the sceens stuff on some movies and it's cool to see one of their names in the credits.

Next up: Matt Damon as "The Punisher."

Then: Freddie Prinze, Jr. as "Mobius: The Living Vampire."

Then: Matthew Lillard as "The Mighty Thor."

Then: David Arquette as "Neil Gaiman's Sandman."

Then: J. Lo as "Wonder Woman."

And then this cycle will die a wimpering death with: Tom Green as "Dr. Strange."

Big critic.

Must be one of the 19% that didn't like the movie.

So what.

Must have sat through the whole show writing down all the bad stuff. Too bad he just didn't take the time to sit back and enjoy the ride.

I respect his opinion, but he is in the minority here.

More interested in what you guys and your dates have to say about it when you see it. That opinion counts more than his. After all, he's only a critic. We rule.

Supapimp, you and hammie gonna make it a twosome? grin.gif

im just playing tom foolery with hammie, he's been on the down low as of late. grin.gif i knew roger ebert would give the movie high ratings, siskel use to love movies like this while ebert would hate it. i think he's doing his little tribute to siskel smile.gif

i saw it and I thought it was AWESOME !! -- lots of great comic boko references and just a fun movie....it will never get good reviews, as most comic book movies don't...but who cares ?? - And i did leave when the credits rolled and I will stay when I see it again !