• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mislabeled CGC Slabs

10 posts in this topic

Hey All,

So I get back my second CGC submission ever and I'm estatic to see these two both come back as a 9.8. However can you spot the difference in these two 3D Joker comics? Yep that's right, they've both been labeled as the same comic when clearly they're not.

image.jpg image.jpg

My real question is does this increase, decrease, or not effect the value of the comic? If I resubmit it should I send it in as is to get degraded or break the case?

I'm leaning towards just keeping it for the novelty but appreciate everyone's input.

-Chadwick

In general people would prefer not to have a mis-labelled CGC book. Just mail it back to CGC with your next sub and they'll fix the error for free (don't crack the book).

I agree with you for a rare book.

In this instance, I would keep it. I have a Deadpool Circle Chase #3 with a CGC mislabel. I think it's a plus as it will differentiate my book from the others.

With DC 3D villains: keep the misprint. There's so many of them, you need to stick out.

Yeah, this isn't a highly sought-after misprint variant, it's just a mistake. Until the speculators begin actually collecting CGC (old label! normal sized book in a double-sized well!) it's of no real interest. It's not an error comic, it's an error slab. All you really have is a book that won't fit in its proper Registry slot.

When you get it reslabbed, write on the front of the slab in Sharpie what the problem is. Fill out an invoice with the correct info, and in the payment block at the bottom cross it out and write "CGC error." Turn it in the next time you submit.

Yeah, this isn't a highly sought-after misprint variant, it's just a mistake. Until the speculators begin actually collecting CGC (old label! normal sized book in a double-sized well!) it's of no real interest. It's not an error comic, it's an error slab. All you really have is a book that won't fit in its proper Registry slot.

^^

Not uncommon at all. Plus, people here tend to poke fun at ebay sellers who tote their mislabeled slabs as "rare error variants" or other such nonsense. There's no real novelty...just a clerical error. If you really like it, keep it. If you don't like it or plan to sell it, send it back to get it fixed for free.