• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy B-Day Batman (1989)

5 posts in this topic

I was 9 years old and was on holiday in Great Yarmouth.

I know they invented the 12 certificate in the UK to get a younger audience into the movie.

I went with my older brother and was instantly hooked, I never read a comic before this movie and instantly became a huge Batman fan.

I watch this movie with fond memories but as I'm older I do notice its flaws, while I personally think that Nolan's trilogy hits closest to my favourite incarnation of The Dark Knight, Burton's first movie will always hold a special place.

I was twelve and was lucky enough to see it in a great big old single1950s theater here in Ottawa before they were all closed and the multiplex movie spots came around.Ironically Ottawa was the home of the first multiplex....but I saw it at the old beautiful Pheonix( my grandfolks used to go) that is now a huge Baptist Church,go figure. Got a free hat that I still own somewhere.Batman was just huge after that,Aurthurs,our LCS in the city at the time was just flooded with people wanting Bat comics on the weekends, and every third person seemed to have a bat tee or patch.I can still picture it on the marquee.....i snuck in my own chips and a two liter of Pepsi back when they came in those heavy arse glass bottles and were brand new. This thread brought back some great memories,thank you!

Man, 25 years old already!! I was 10 when this came out and I clearly remember my dad taking my cousin and me to a movie theater to watch it. Afterwards, he bought each of us Batman t-shirts and an action figure.

We couldn't stop talking about this movie and playing Batman for days.