• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes Con 2014 Con Report

3 posts in this topic

Trip Report - Most of the con activities are described in the picture captions on my FB page. You should be able to click here and see them.

Venue - Charlotte Convention Center - spacious, well lit, large aisles, concessions, centrally located and walking distance from any number of hotels. Good spot.

Scope: Strictly a comic convention - just an Artist Alley and a section for Comics and related material vendors. A great place to buy back issues.

Organization - From my experience it is very well run. The lines to get in were long, but moved promptly once the doors opened. There was no line to speak of picking up badges. My interactions with the staff were limited, but pleasant.

This is our second year to go to the con and Kathy and I had a great time. I got to meet several "e-friends" like Brian Jones, John Nocinovich, Jeff Streeter, and Mike White and made new ones as well. Of course, the highlight for me is visiting with the folks that create the material that I enjoy so much - folks like Thomas Zahler, David Petersen, Jeremy Bastian, Mike Maihack, and so many more.

Not to mention that I got to spend 3 days with the love of my life - Kathy. Love you.

P.S. If you are in Charlotte, you must go to Mert's for dinner. Go hungry. Yum!

Nice report and pics Alex.

I've been trying to head to the show for the last 5 years. My schedule just doesn't want to cooperate.

If NYCC and SDCC continue to be a hassle to buy tickets, I'll make it a priority to go to Heroes Con and other local shows across the country in 2015.

Cheers!

N.