• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whole book valuations

23 posts in this topic

On the flip side as a buyer, if I were approaching an artist about the possible purchase of a complete issue, I would be looking for at least a 20% discount on the book. I'm not just cherry-picking the best pages - I'm buying the best pages, the pages that wouldn't normally sell by themselves, and everything in between. And...only one quick transaction for the artist.

Exactly, and that makes sense, which is why whole books should sell for less than breaking it up (for the most part)

Malvin

Very interesting thread. I am actually Curious as to what you guys think concerning a book in my collection. Do you think I would do better breaking up this Spawn book or keeping it whole? There are only one or two character pages in the book. Here is a link..

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=86761

thanks,

Matthew

Breaking the book up. I think You'll get more competition for individual pages, especially if you know which pages todd penciled and inked.