• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Rubenstein completed commission

6 posts in this topic

Just wanted to post a JR success story. A few of you may have been following my 'MICROscope' series of Micronauts-themed commissions. I've had the idea for a mashup that I felt only one of the original artists could do justice, and that meant Joe Rubenstein.

Joe and I had worked together successfully twice before, but I was still a little hesitant to approach him with my idea. A fellow collector kindly stepped in and helped negotiate terms which eliminated angst on my end, and incentivized a swift completion on Joe's end. It went so quickly, in fact, that there were several times he was patiently waiting on a response from me. Easily the swiftest completion of our three deals.

He tells me that he generally accepts 25% down, 75% upon completion terms these days. Your mileage may, of course, vary.

So, without further ado, MICRONAUTS #2 as a MARVEL ZOMBIES cover. this board is getting an advance look, will post eventually to CAF.

JR4n44a.jpg

This is executed well but seems far too similar to the original for my tastes.

No wonder he did it so quick.

He just traced the original and changed the heads and logo stat.

Heh.

Well, in the spirit of full-disclosure, he WAS acting to my specifications. I generated a blueline file of the original piece for him to work from, and provided the Zombies logo myself. I even asked him to dial back the gross-factor (unlike the other MZ covers); just my personal taste.

So, if there's any lack of imagination, it stems from me. I still think the inherent joke rings through loud & clear.

Andrew