• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New here, bought my first "serious" CGC Book.

7 posts in this topic

Just found this forum yesterday and last night I got a Wolverine Limited Series #1 CGC 9.6 for $46. It books as $50 in overstreet. The max I was going to bid was $40 but the kid inside said to go for it. I have wanted that comic since I was like 12. Always way out of my price range!

I used to collect when I was a teenager unfortunately it was during the dark age of comics when comics were over printed. I have quite a few from DC, Marvel, but most of my comics are from Image. Prophet was my favorite and still is. Can you tell?

I do have some older stuff. My Grandfather recently passed and I got 4 boxes of comics from him. Mostly from the '90's. I did find some Bronze age stuff last night. Spec. Spiderman #31, #74. A few star treks and some other stuff. Nova #4. Nothing great in value but they are a little old.

I would say one of my highlights of collecting was picking up a Ghost Rider #4 at a fleemarket. It is about a 7 and I bought it for $9 about 8 years ago. IT aint' worth much, but it was fun getting it.

Also, along the same lines as the over printed '90's books. Combining my collection with my Grandfathers, I now have 3 Spawn #1's!

-Jeremy-

Prophet, welcome!!! I am a huge modern collector too grin.gif

Never quite made it too hard core into Image, but I do have 4 raw Spawn #1 and 1 9.8. Hey, when that came out it was HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice grab with the WLS 1!

Best,

DAM

Congrats. I know what it's like to want something badly as a kid that's so far out of range. That's how I was with ASM #129. Now that I can afford it, I've got 7 nice copies. It's childhood fullfillment gone wild. grin.gif

Welcome aboard....I too collected comics in the 80s and I could never afford some of the "High priced" GI JOEs. Now I have the money to buy them all and its wonderful! Im just glad my childhood wishlist didnt incluse early Spidermans! wink.gif

Im just glad my childhood wishlist didnt incluse early Spidermans

You're luckier than you know. crazy.gif

Believe it or not.....I would have an easier time finding the ASMs in higher condition than I am finding early Joes in 9.6+. Now price is a whole different story! smirk.gif